Stacking Revs with other kites

powerbar

Hey guyz, (and Gals). I just joined the Rev forum and I noticed a lot of posts about stacking Revs with OTHER kites (as well as other Revs). I have become quite good at this. I wish I could keep buying Revs, but I have a mortgage and a family with teenagers. So, wanting more power, I decided to try stacking other kites with my Rev. (quad kites, of course) Must worked just fine. A foil behind a Rev is quite a rush. I tried converting some delta 2 liners as well and a BUNCH of them worked out pretty well. Let me know if anybody wants to try this. It is quite the rush of quad power.

I have a cheap(~$50) delta i got when i was 7 or 8 that i dont fly very much now that i have a rev(EXP)post-5312-0-77211600-1381197855_thumb.jpgpost-5312-0-68018200-1381197904_thumb.jpg (the pic of the delta is from when it was broken). I understand (somewhat) the position you are in. I am a high school student that is in band, has 2 AP classes and every thing else is pre-ap so i have absolutely no time for a job:( but if i can stack the kites i already have then that would be great:)

Hey, its nice to meat you, young man. Let me get to drawing and I will get it to you tomorrow. (I have to work early). With the delta in front, (it looks smaller then the Rev), you might see it better. With the Rev in front, you might have more of the Rev characteristics, with extra power. The trick is to tie up a bridle, just like the one that comes on the kite, you just have to put it on the back of the kite as well. With the 2 liner, you just need to tie on a quad bridle for that kite. I will start drawing for you and get back to you. Could you tell me how big each kite is or which Rev you have? Thanx

OK . You want to have the Rev first and have your delta behind the Rev. This delta is kind of small for this, but it will give you an idea of how to do this. How is your knot tie-ing? Do you have access to some dacron line? Have you ever tied a kite bridle? The trick will be to tie one on the back of the Rev, just like the front one. I can help you with this if you need. How we doing so far?

OK. Hear we go. You need to make a bridle on the back of you Rev the connects to the same points that the front bridle connects to. You can even tie them to the same lines as the front (you can do that on some Revs). What this is doing is creating 4 points to attach to, thus allowing you to connects any quad to your Rev. Also, the pull of the stacked kite will be transferred to the Rev bridle , not to the frame of the Rev, (if the kite that you stack as a lot of pull, we would have to think about a stronger bridle on the Rev; no need for that here). Lark's head connections will work fine to do this.

Let me make up a little presentation for you on tying the bridle. It is just a matter of tying loops at the end of specific lengths of line and connecting them to a separate piece of line that has a knot tied at both ends of it. Look up a lark's head knot on line. I found that to be the easiest.

• 2 weeks later...

post-5331-0-33336700-1382228278_thumb.jpgpost-5331-0-29942300-1382229017_thumb.jpgpost-5331-0-97093500-1382228315_thumb.jpgpost-5331-0-12655400-1382228394_thumb.jpgpost-5331-0-37320200-1382228790_thumb.jpgSo sorry to take so long. This is what the back stack bridle will look like, (picture 1).The first thing you need to do is make the 4 line lengths of lines just like the front of the rev bridle . Match them as close as you can,but they don't have to be exact as the front,. They are mainly 4 lines with larks head loops at each end. Attack 1 end the the matching points of the existing bridle. They way you do this depends on the rev model you have. Look at yours and make that determination, (picture 2). Next you need a single length of line around 6 inches or so. You need to then tie a knot in each end. Eventually you will need 2 of these so it is a good idea to make them now. They need to be identical, (picture 3). Now what you do is loop all the other ends of the 4 lines to one of those 6 inch knotted pieces. You should do them in the same order as the other rear bridle you make so they are the same, (picture 4). For the bottom lines you can either attach directly to the bottom bridle points or you can tie a loop near the bottom of the vertical line like the front bridle on your rev, (picture 5). This is totally your choice. Now you have just created a 4 point bridal on the back of your rev. The for points can now connect to anything from a quad foil to 4 determined points on a 2 line stunter. The bigger the better. Let me know when you get this far or if you have ANY trouble with this. We can then talk about the two line stunter. That is way easier. Have fun.