Diamonds, diamonds, diamonds, are a Rev fliers best friend......

beach

Compared diamond rods in SUL Bazzer pro 1.5 and zen format, the big size has more impact on effortless, it was dead calm, heavy fog and wet ground. I flew on 60'/90# LPG and 100'/50# LPG both on 15 inch throw no-snags. The zen was a clear-cut winner on 3-D stuff or the long reach on fifty# lines. Effortless doesn't mean stationary, but I could occasionally during the day fly from a lawn chair! Switched the handles and kites, even tuned the set- up to a neutral, even alignment from a stake, neither line set has sleeving. Overall another smashing success story by Rev kites, next comparison on travel frames vs full sized, to be continued.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
The difference is a snappy response to inputs, a "feel" thing, more noticeable on the Zen, due to it's larger size

I'll have to try them in the Zen then as the responsiveness in the 1.5 sail seems to me to be quite dramatic. With flier input the kite wants to go forwards with no delay <grins>

Felix

My zen comparison was that spar (Zen) vs. the new diamonds, sorry if it looked like 2 wrap professional use only, ... The 1.5 comparison is black race, P-90s, and the new diamond frame members. A bunch of us locals spend lots of time fiddling with personalization, trying out each other's set-ups and we use all of these frames in low wind.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Rev. for these Diamond rods.

I am personally now calling them my Diamond Magic rods.

I just started to fly on a set of them last week.

Normally the wind in the SF Bay Area in the fall and winter drops out and is usually not flyable a lot of the time. Last week, the wind was 3mph at most with a lot of it under 2mph. Normally if I wanted to fly, a lot of the time I would be backing up, flying a bit, then waiting etc.

The wind sock ( kite that a light pole ate) was just barely wiggling on the pole, showing under 3mph. Single line kites, weren't even staying up until they got over 120 feet.

It was like magic using the Diamond rods. I was flying (1.5 fullsale w/100ft lines) like I was in 4-6mph winds using racing rods or other rod sets. I have 3 sets of race rods. I tried each set and it was a struggle to keep the kite up, let alone maneuver and enjoy the flight.

Using the Diamond rods, I can fly now in this wind. They have opened up a lot more days to flying and fullilling my addiction.

While flying using the Diamond rods, a young kid came over and wanted to know how I was flying my kite when his diamond kite wasn't. It was magic of course!

I love these rods.

John Barresi turned me onto these rods at the Nationals this year at Seaside, Oregon.

Thank you John and Thank you Rev.

Steve Lewis

• Like 3

Rick Harmer acquired a new Pro w/diamond sticks which we "tested & abused" this past weekend up at the Sam Lewis State Park (York PA). A great spot to fly, low wind most of the day, eventually though we were pulling 120s and should have switched to mid-vents! We stayed on the diamond sticks and spanked 'em hard. It's a tough stick,... or it wouldn't survive all my flailing and throwing it around. It dropped countless times out of the sky impacting mother earth hard. (I'm working on a one-string yank to almost impact, timing is everything <LOL!>)

Meanwhile Rick's banging and bouncing the leading edge off of a park bench to Stevie Ray Vaughan.

His great new kite, all new, slick and crispy, makes mine seem so unworthy to share the hill's air.

Certainly a home-run for many of the folks occasionally complaining about low wind conditions.

• Like 1

Some thoughts on the Diamond sticked B series pro that Paul and I ran thru its paces early Saturday morning in Zero to 1.3 ....................WOW

I only have a year on the Handles with 4 lines and summer time was mostly Tough learning the low wind thing,we ain't got no wind for a few months. I found my self standing on the field handles in hand and kite on the ground thinking wt^!? am doing out here this is way too hard and I should be flying 2 lines but with some help,advice from my Quad friends,determination and hours on the field...would guess 500 hrs,I'm starting to get it,actually a couple weeks ago my wife asked if I was going to fly and I said no the winds suck and she surprisingly said and I quote " don't chastise me for saying this hon but you used to fly dual lines in any condition"

Well when she said that,my full sail was on Bazzer's Table. Here's hoping this is the tool I need to start honing with

Well there is no Doubt about it, this full sail Pro framed in Diamond rods is IT ! Amazing in low wind, I was able to keep up with(well sort of) Paul's Zen, could handle any part of the window and Lamasters has a Huge Window.

We flew for 8 hrs and in the afternoon winds came up to 7-8 mph and that breeze did Not phase the frame at all, just tuned with my leaders and kept on flying.

Went up to the Hill Sunday and switched to black race frame due to 9mph winds and the kite felt like a completley different sail. Very Nice but different

The only race rods I have had are green race in my vented Pro and they fit the situation fine most

Times but I love the Snap of the Diamond and black race rods, don't think at this point anyways that I need the 2 and 3 wrap frames anymore they feel like protruded rods since Having time on the Diamonds. I Love the diamond frame and the full sail Pro ain't bad either :)

• Like 3

Rick, we'll get you off those stubby handles eventually, maybe not all the way to Ti-17s though (ha!) Your new kite was a sweet flying wing and you have made fantastic progress in your quad skills.

Diamond sticks are great, thanks Ben, Rev and and anybody else involved in the development. A very nice product edition for the low wind fliers.

• 2 weeks later...

I put them in my Pro this evening. I could only feel the occasional breath of wind maybe 1mph (maybe). It was a lot of walking and recovering, and I did let myself run out of field once as I waited for a dog walker to finish crossing. However, I was flying. These rods really dropped the bottom out of the wind range. I am really happy with them. Worth every penny. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what comes out next.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Tested to destruction. So its been windy in the Uk as I am sure Mr Morttram will attest to.

My birthday was the 30th of December (never get a party the day before new years eve). My lovely wife Jade had conspired with Kiteworld UK to get me a set of fine new diamond rods.

Now you guys know how it is right. New kit calls to you. Just 10minutes!!!! Just a little fooling around at the edge of the window!!!! Just to get the feel!!! The wind was low enough around 4-6mph for 99% of the time. I love the feel of these rods lighter than 2wrap and BlackRR whilst still feeling alive. It took me seconds to realise that those practically no wind days are gener be so much more fun. The other 1% of flying time however consisted of gusts "I recon" 14+ (I was flying full sail) I could have gotten away with this on my Green Race rods

Unfortunately a gust got me. Hmmmm I have never popped a rod before they do make a crack don't they.

Yes I know I should know better! but give me a break it was my birthdayani_giveup.gif I am hoping that Ben will be happy to supply kiteworld with replacement rods along with full sets with their next order so I can replace the jewel. Promise not to be quite so reckless next time Ben.

So now we know (As if we didn't before) 14 to 16mph on full sail for diamond carbon is probably not the best Idea. Happy New Year all x

• Like 1

they do make a crack don't they.

Yes they do!!!!!

Promise not to be quite so reckless next time Ben.

Be more reckless....push the envelope.....

BTW,

Try those diamond rods in a 75% Shook weave......

After you clean up the drool, drop a line and tell us what you thought!!!!!

Yes they do!!!!!

Be more reckless....push the envelope.....

BTW,

Try those diamond rods in a 75% Shook weave......

After you clean up the drool, drop a line and tell us what you thought!!!!!

I'll set my ghost mesh up w/diamonds this morning and give it a go, winds should be 'bout perfect this afternoon.

75% Shook and Diamonds in what wind range? That sounds like something I would definitely like to try. I just can't afford to replace part of my diamond frame (having just bought the Shook).

less strength YES, not necessarily more fragile,

like anything else, ... they are designed for a specific set of conditions and work best when used in the reference

I abuse mine, but fly 'em on a different bridle and with a set of training wheels/sissy sticks so it's ultra responsive and the excessive stress is spread out over a greater amount of area

your mileage may vary!

Do you want a huge wind window,.. but it might be "twitchy" in the central power zone?

I flew yesterday in a bowl shaped park enclosure in Frederick MD (Baker Park). The wind was 12 mph to 25 (w/gusts even higher). I flew the 75% with Rev's diamond leading edge and SS Response 12 down tubes. The kite struggled down low (maybe 3-6 mph) and was buffeted way up high at the top of the 120s. I worked in between the two, backed-up when down low and gave ground when up high. You adapt to the conditions that are offered.

When in doubt I have always been a firm believer in framing light, better to struggle with too much energy than fight not having enough

Diamonds rule!