New revr to be.

Hi all,

I am Nathan and living in The Hague, the Netherlands

Recently i put out my old parafoil kite, that was in the back of a closet the last 12 years and flew it with my son.
A lot of fun and a few snapping lines later, i checked YT and saw a rev video.
I can't understand what rock i was under the last 2 decades.
something to do with music i guess smile.png.
Now i think i've seen all the rev clips now.

Well i am saving some money for my first rev now. the vids that really makes me smile are those of the supersonic. So that will be the kite of choice.
The forum teached me it's not the best first choice but i keep in mind that i will practice on the quad wich will belong to my son first.

This one will be delivered this week. (i hope) wink.png

grtz

Nathan.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum.

I learned to fly quads on a Rev 2 - also not the easiest to learn on. Remember that it only takes tiny wrist movements for inputs. It's easy to over-steer with too large of inputs when one hits panic mode while learning. It helps to set-up the lines to the pigtails with as much brake as possible and still able to move forward, in order to slow the kite closer to brain-speed. My difficulty was using too much speed for everything while learning, since the Rev 2 was my high-wind kite when it was too windy for dual line tricking. Once I started flying the Rev 2 in lighter winds and at slower speeds, the learning curve was a lot easier to overcome.

Best advice that helped me was to pick a spot off in the distance such as a cloud, tree top, or building and try to slowly rotate each direction while keeping the center of the kite in the same spot. That helps develop muscle memory and small inputs. Inverted hover was hardest for me. I was told to slowly add input until the kite just barely lifted off the ground a foot or so and try to maintain that position.

The Supersonic is awesome at flying backwards and inverted side slides. Have fun and good luck.

• Like 1

Wondering who you talked too.......................ani_whistling.gif

hehehehe

YUP! biggrin.png

Hi Nathan, Welcome Your super sonic wish can be ful filled, it is in my kite bag and if you want to try it some day... Let's have a fly. Holland is not that big :-)

I'll take on the invite.. THXbiggrin.png

My son recieves his quad, i piloted it a few times..... with the controlled precision of a very happy dog. doh.gif

First i must get me some skills before i can safely pet your supersonic. smile.png

• Like 1