Finally jumped in with both Feet !

RobB

After seeing a video of you flying the full vent it did not occur to me that you would not be on this forum. Look forward to your insight & talent to help a newbie like me. I recently got my first vented kite of any kind, a 1.5 B mid-vent. It is a different world of flight when you have intentional holes in your sail. A while back I could not have conceived the idea of a vented sail, just wouldn't have made sense to me. When I received the mid-vent I felt I had jumped in with both feet also. But the pull of the dark side is strong.

post-5097-0-18819700-1370141747_thumb.jpg Image of my second ever Rev flight as I am about to land a bit hard to the right. Note the fine arm position.

• Like 1

Yup, I've been resisting for a long time. I'm tired of fighting cr@p wind for a good time. Wind like that is WORK with 2 lines, but fun with four !

Yes, I believe you've described some of the reason I started embracing many types of kiting. Initially it sort of seemed like I was somehow betraying my original two line sport kites by moving on to others, especially the quad part of it. Flying SLK's was going another direction too. But when I began exploring the different disciplines my whole perception shifted. I can enjoy them all now. Gliders entered into the equation & I'm wowed again. One thing I really like about my Rev flying is the ease & grace of landing when the wind dies. I can wait a bit for the next puff & it's off I go again. Zero wind flying may be the ultimate pursuit for me but my view changes often these days. Flew at a Wally World parking lot yesterday in really bizarre wind. I could feel the wind change as vehicles parked then left. My passion now exceeds my shyness.

• Like 1

Yup, I've been resisting for a long time. I'm tired of fighting cr@p wind for a good time. Wind like that is WORK with 2 lines, but fun with four ! 

What you have described is the exact reason I began flying the Rev!

Not many know this about me, but I flew dualie trick kites for a year before finding the Rev. I was tired of fighting the nasty Las Vegas winds. The concept behind the way the Rev flies made total sense to me, and in practice worked better than I could have imagined. I haven't truly flown dualies since..... The Rev makes crap wind into flyable fun :)

• Like 2