Bridle Replacement

Morrunya

Question

9 answers to this question

Question: shouldn't all of the bridle leg attachments points on the frame "face towards the center of the kite"?, some in the video example faced out instead, lower left corner for example.

Also, shouldn't the kite be lifted-up by the top two bridle attachment points only (where the flying lines adhere) to confirm all the legs are universally tight?

If you want less over-streer & a tighter response, you can add a second (or even a 3rd) pass of the vertical tiny loop thru the larger flying line attachment point. It forms a prussik knot this way. Less movement = less counter-hand action to stop a flight commanded rotation.

Your mileage may vary!

• Like 2

Thanks Watty!

This is just what I was contemplating this weekend if I can't get out to fly.

I have heard it said that the old bridle can be used for sleeving and leaders is that correct?

What a great instructive video

Thanks

Terry

Question: shouldn't all of the bridle leg attachments points on the frame "face towards the center of the kite"?, some in the video example faced out instead, lower left corner for example.

Generally, yea, I think so, but it would make such a minor difference that I wouldn't find it worth worrying about.

• Like 1

My first Revolution kite did not have the leading edge end cap lines attached nor the bottom lines. Kind of a surprise when I was ready to attach my lines for the first attempt at flight. Looked at the top attachments & thought the bridle attachment was very clever. After a few attempts I got them all hooked up. I then proceeded to launch, spin, crash & slide sideways in a true newbie show of determination. No instructions with the kite, no video, oh well, just try. So it went. Many flights later I guess I should check the bridle to see if it's right. Thanks for the great help.

Thanks Watty!

This is just what I was contemplating this weekend if I can't get out to fly.

I have heard it said that the old bridle can be used for sleeving and leaders is that correct?

What a great instructive video

Thanks

Terry

I'm saving the old bridle material for sleeving. It is exactly the same line that is used for the thin sleeving on many new line sets. Should be able to cut 8 1 ft (30 cm) sections from the relatively unworn sections of the old bridle - pull out the cored, and wa-la.kid_happy.gif

• Like 4

Update on using bridle line for sleeving - unsuccessful! Used bridle line has been under enough stress that the weave is very tightened. After removing the core, I was unable to thread a wire through the center to pull the flight line through. Unused bridle line works great tho.

Update on using bridle line for sleeving - unsuccessful! Used bridle line has been under enough stress that the weave is very tightened. After removing the core, I was unable to thread a wire through the center to pull the flight line through. Unused bridle line works great tho.

See me at WSIKF. I have wire for you that should work :)

Thank you Spence for the vid help. I recently picked up an early 90's Rev 1 and the bridle was a bit crunchy. Lolly sent me a bridle (thanks to you as well for the super quick shipping and it's always a pleasure to speak with you) and I just replaced the bridle. It went super smooth and I don't know if I would've done it without your vid Spence.

Thanks again.