Hello

Winged V

My name is Rick and I'm from south east Pa.I am Addicted to kite flying so I know I'm speaking to the right people that share my addiction :).I fly pretty much every day when the season allows, day light and work make it tough certain times of the year.

Kite flying for me has been strictly Dual line for the last 15 or so years probably have at least 10,000 hours on the end of the lines.

Well about 5 months ago a friend of mine that I got into kitiing decided to sell this kites and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to to by them....A Widow Maker and a B Series Rev,well no one but me was going to own my Joes kites but me, and so it begins Again except my new addiction is Attached to 4 lines.

I have read pretty much every post on this forum and have a few 100 hours with the Handles in my hands over the winter. Got to fly shoulder to shoulder with Paul LaMasters,Paul Dugard, Scotty Weider,Mike Mosman at Sandy point at the bay bridge in Md which was the most imtimadating kite flying I have EVERY DONE ...all those LINES but got thru it and didn't take any one down :)

Anyway just wanted to say hi and that I have joined the Dark Side,,have not givin up the two lines completly but sure having a Good Time on 4

Rick

Sounds as though you are an accomplished pilot and have been for years, yes the forum is great and a nice bunch of blokes, you may all take a bow, something new everyday.

Welcome Rick, good flying.

John

Rick's one of the most exciting dual line pilots you will EVER witness, the kind of fascination where you sit on the tailgate and watch him fly instead of setting up your own stuff. I watched him fly out of picnic table one time, stuck between the bench seat and table portion with the kite upside down (in a turtle? facing the pilot?)

He roils up and unrolls between close-set pine trees with a backstop directly behind the kite, all in NO wind. Absolute control and nowhere to go if things go suddenly wrong. He's a huge lose the dual line community, but he's crossing over to our darkside because you don't have to be the national champ to fly q-team! You've just gotta have enough control that you fit in.

On a lark, Rick was convinced to come down to the Blossom Kite Fest w/Dugard and took part in the hot tricks shootout,... Folks he cut thru that competition like an orbital-based laser! I'm sure he'll have a killer freestyle (OIOU) routine when he mixes in the quads too.

It's a joy to help someone who gets our addiction! Welcome Winged V (Rick Harmer) to our little corner of the kiting community.

• 4 months later...

Saw Rick flying the other day at Sandy Point SP with both quads & dualies, man he's such a good flyer. He already owns his inverted hover and has fully grasped the principles of reverse flight, to say nothing of his mastery on Lam's sport kites on 2 string tricks. We watched him while eating lunch doing the most amazing things, stuff where we knew he was stuck w/the walk of shame, Nope! A couple yanks and he's relaunched (but in the fade position), we actually began applause, stood and bowed towards him. We then witnessed him interacting with a family traveling towards the bay water with his B-Pro full sail. We again stood and howled when he captured a tree about shoulder height. Rick is such a welcome addition to our club's activities, eventually my bride will hook him into the NASM museum circuit with his family and indoor kites as well.

• Like 1