Anyone flying Rev's in Hampshire, UK??

Gasmanwj

I am just looking at getting my first Rev and was wondering if there was anybody on this forum who is flying Rev's in or around Hampshire in the UK? Are there any good sites to fly at in that area and where would I be likely to meet other Rev flyers as it would be good to get some tips and advice?

Many thanks

Bill

Hi Bill, Bill here !

Not sure down your way and it depends where in Hampshire you are as to how far you are willing to travel.

I can tell you that either Blackheath,home of the Decorators, and Dunstable Downs, home of The Flying Squad and the rest of us,

is a place to be on most Sundays !

Come and check what is available before you buy.

Tips and advice:- free of charge ! gathering.gif

Bill

There are a group who certainly used to fly near Gosport (so depends which part of Hampshire you're talking about!) Message Sailor99, Jonesey or Yrna to see what they're up to these days.... Jeremy (Sailor99) is unavailable due to work quite a bit, but may be able to advise.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bill,

There are a couple of members in the north of Hampshire. I am based in Portsmouth. I usually fly at Port Solent unless the wind is from the north when I fly on the top of Portsdown hill. If you want to meet up then drop me a pm. I have a few revs so you can try some out if you have not got yours yet.

I am afraid that I am not that good a flier. I have been over at Stokes Bay at Gosport but each time I go I am the only Rev flier. The Hampshire Hoverers Jonesey, Sailor, Hippy Chippy and Yrma seem to be rather quiet at the moment. I have yet to fly with them. There may well be some Rev fliers at the Jolly Up at Basingstoke this weekend, 27th to 28th, it does not look like I am going to get there.

Also there is the Portsmouth international kite festival over the August Bank Holiday weekend as well as the Basingstoke and Southampton kite festivals in June.

Hope we can meet up as I normally fly alone.

Cheers

Stephen