Leading Edge

Breezyduzzit

Hi fellow Rev people. I've just landed in this forum. Really glad to be here. Been watching the forum from a distance for a while and been waiting for the £ to build up for my first Rev. Finally I am in the owners club! I'll be stringing along and trawling through this catalogue of information to develop my pilot skills.

I can see I've got a lot to learn, but very happy to have officially made it in to the owners club. I have learned a lot just reading some of the threads. I've got a Barresi full sail. Only flown it once- first outing last week, still in good condition too . I've aspired to buy a Rev for about 4 years since seeing them fly at a kite festival. They are something else. Other drains on the wallet kept pushing it aside.

Looking forward to meeting other pilots as I haven't seen anyone flying a Rev outside of a kite festival....YET.

So hello and thanks for this place to meet. Hope to share the experience with some of you.

rev_clockwork.gif Yessssssss!

You are only a short distance from Dunstable Downs !

Come and join us on Sundays and you will soon be buying more Revs as well as improving your skill set !

It,s Sunday morning, the weather looks good at last, time to load the car and go flying !

See you there !

Bill

Thanks. Your pic was one which caught my attention so it's ironic you've replied. I had been drooling over the blue/lime SLE for a long time and just before buying, the new colour scheme came out. Only got a JB cos the shop didn't have the SLE colour I wanted. Are yours SLE's or other? Are they stacked in that pic?

• Like 1

Thanks. Your pic was one which caught my attention so it's ironic you've replied. I had been drooling over the blue/lime SLE for a long time and just before buying, the new colour scheme came out. Only got a JB cos the shop didn't have the SLE colour I wanted. Are yours SLE's or other? Are they stacked in that pic?
<br /><br />Thanks. That's my 2-Stack, front kite is an EXP and was my first Rev. The back one, SLE, was the next one I got and as they were both the same colours I stacked them. The colours are really nice and pop something cruel under lights! I'll soon have a full suite of B's in Red and Grey. Side note: stacks are so addictive!!

Hi breezy, until this week It'd been a couple of years since I'd been out Rev flying, but I have just received two new Barresi full sails I ordered a while back. One is for my brother, and the other one for myself, so that I can give my 1.5 to our mate, Shez. (I'll have to make myself a new avatar now!) He has only had one short go on my Rev a couple of years ago, just flying it level, with a few gentle turns, so he will be another new flyer in these parts! (he lives in Wootton). My brother has a little more experience, as he often came with me when I was flying, but none of us have that many flying hours under our belt. Hopefully , the fact that we will all now have a Rev, may encourage us to get out more, because when we ARE flying we love it! Don't think we'll ever get too serious about it, but it is still great fun just messing around with them!biggrin.png

btw - like you, I first saw a Rev at a Kite Festival (Bedford), and just had to have one.

All the best with your new hobby.................sign_welcome.gif

• Like 1

Hi Acrilix. Good news to hear of other Bedford flyers. Two Barresi full sails in one swoop? NICE! (excellent choice I hear) And you're giving a 1.5 to a mate? Why dont I have mates that give me their Rev? Great to know that there are other locals who own and fly. Little bit jealous you have a bro and a mate who are in the Rev owners club. Cheers for the welcome!!