Server upgrades...

KiteLife

Hi all,

Is the Rev main site and forum loading a little faster for you now?

We did some pretty major upgrades to the server, hoping it's noticeable on your end.

Looks a bit quicker here. I hope that the connection dropping has gone away as well!

Felix

• Like 1

Yep, should be resolved now... SQL queries were just creating too much load on the server.

Keep us posted if anyone has issues hence forth. wink.png

So it looks like the problems that some of us were seeing were for real, server issues...

I am always reluctant to report issues unless I am reasonably sure that it is not down to my 'set-up'.

Felix

• Like 1

I'm liking the overall page, but I seem to have regained the jumpy cursor using the colorizer! It had gone away for the last few weeks, but seems to have reappeared for me! Older XP system using Chrome!

You most likely need a bit more CPU power and RAM. While your at it go for Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Celeron processor with only 1 gig RAM! Like I said - older system! Only 80 gig HD!

We just gave away an HP running Vista with a bit more power. If I would have known you needed a bit more power I would have contacted you to come get it.

Now what I have is a bit impressive, but I won't brag more than that here. I am not a gamer but need it for my graphics and video work.