Manuals needed for Power Blast 2-4 and 4-8

Bmwbob

Question

To avoid having another problem like the one I had with my 2-4, due to improper assembly of the kite ( did not receive the manual with the used kite although the seller said they would supply one), can anyone help me in obtaining the manuals for the two Power Blast kites?

As I said, I already have the 2-4 and I will be picking up a used 4-8 this Saturday.

Thanks!

Bob

25 answers to this question

The manual is on its way to you, sent regular snail mail. The manual consists of 3-4 pages and is not much. I hope it helps you with what you are looking for. The DVD is much more informative than the manual.

Glad you got that bad-boy back up in the air and that it is working good for you. Let us know how you get along with your buggy! :)

Yeah, if I could get some decent, consistent wind the learning curve would zip along faster.

Today's flight had me trying to hover the 2-4 in wind that was up and down.

NO hover. When the wind came up, the kite went up, then the wind would quit and it would land. :-(

Other than that, it seems to be doing at least as good as I am! :-) I'm starting to get a feeling for the point where the power comes on and off.

Standby for a possible order for a Blokart. I finally made contact with some Florida kart era, though it may be JIBE before I actually get to sail one.

Bob

The fellow who sold me the PB 4-8 also supplied the Revolution DVDs that accompany the PB series.

One of the setup steps John emphasized most strongly on the video was making certain you passed the spar through the bungee before putting it into the end cap.

He said that if you didn't do that, the bungee could rip through the sail.

Yup, that's exactly what happened! Too bad I didn't know about that before hand! :-(

Oh, well. The repair wasn't too arduous, and the 2-4 is right back to dragging me all over the field!

Can't wait for the Flexi buggy to get here!

Bob

The manual is on its way to you, sent regular snail mail. The manual consists of 3-4 pages and is not much. I hope it helps you with what you are looking for. The DVD is much more informative than the manual.

Glad you got that bad-boy back up in the air and that it is working good for you. Let us know how you get along with your buggy! :)

Unless someone at JIBE just HAS to have my Flexi buggy, I will probably have that and either a different buggy (long,low, and BIG tires!), or be looking for a Blokart.

Maybe I could rig up foot steering on the Blokart and use the 4-8 to haul it! :-)

And being stared at while engaged in activities that are easily misunderstood is something I'm quite accustomed to! :-)

Bob

hey bob u mean u havent even tried the 4-8 yet when i first bought it i couldnt wait wind was a screaming 15mph and i launched the 4- 8 for about 15 seconds and landed it and put it away and waited for 5mph much better experiance wasnt long before i took out again in 15mph no problem its s great kite i already have sellers remorse dont forget if you ever want to get rid of it let me know send me your address i have the other leading edge piece i will send i thought i put in bag but it was in bed of truck didnt know till i got home and emptyied truck out i acctually have a leading end and middle to send ya enjoy the kite

Steve

Hi, Steve!

I'm waiting until I'm sure I understand all I need to about the 2-4 before I drag out the 4-8.

It will be a few more days now, since I've pulled a muscle in my back wrestling with the 2-4.

I'll PM you with the address and such.

I've learned a lot from the DVDs!

Don't worry. If I ever part with Revzilla, you'll get first shot!

Thanks!

Bob

That 4-8 doesn't fly quite like the others. It's some kind of special. The issue is that because it is such a giant and has a ton of mass to it, it only turns when the sail is loaded up. So flying static can be a challenge. What happens is that the kite will reach the edge of the window and you will pull the brake line and it responds very poorly or not at all. What you need to do is to pull the handle in to load the sail and then pull the brake line to turn it. It's kinda like flying a Zen...attached to a greyhound bus.

In the buggy you have much better control and a much larger window to play with. Less turning and more finess with controlling the power. Flying static is a challenge because as soon as the kite loads up, it shoots to the edge of the window where you have to man-handle it around to get it going the other way. It's a lot of yank-turn-yank-turn type of flying. In the buggy you pound it into the power and it just pulls good and hard while you move along with it, less yank-turn style of flying.

I would definiately learn to fly it in the sub-8mph winds first!!! Anything over that is a ton of power.

Kent,

I appreciate and will definitely heed your advice on this beast!

Hey, are you getting my emails I send to you at WOC?

I would have bought the 4-8 new from you, but I sent you 3 emails inquiring about one and never got a response.

I sent you another email earlier today on a different topic and haven't heard back.

The only way I appear to be able to get word to you is by posting on this forum.

Bob

No.

I was a little too close to something that went BOOM! A number of years ago and lost 40% of my hearing in both ears.

I wear two of the best hearing aids I can afford (insurance doesn't cover them), and get by pretty well in most situations.

The telephone, however, gives me a fit pretty often. Some people's voices are nearly unintelligible to me.

A strong northeastern accent is hard, unless they speak slower than normal and loud.

The one that REALLY gets me is a person with a middle eastern accent, like the ones at most tech support lines.

I end up having my wife listen to them and interpret to me.

Not complaining. The mere fact that I'm still alive and able to do many of the things I want to after all these years tells me that I am blessed above a large percentage of my peers!

Email is the best way for me to communicate, given my condition.

One other thing I try to take into account is that some (many?) sellers may not have the time or patience to respond to as many questions as I might have about their wares. I am not offended if they refer me to some website where I can read the info I am seeking.

I sense that perhaps some folks may be interpreting my using the forum to pose a direct query to Kent as casting dispersions on the character of his person or his business. Let me assure you who have responded as well as those waiting in the wings to do so that this is NOT the case. Kent and Daelyn, as well as ALL of the vendors I have had the pleasure to either do business with, or simply contact for information have been nothing but friendly, courteous and helpful to me.It is NOTHING more than an attempt to see if there is a technical issue on either end of the communication channel I have been trying to use , PERIOD.

Further deponent sayeth not.

Bob

Bob,

I am not sure what is going on but I am not getting any e-mails from you. I have received some in the past and you are not being blocked anywhere I can see (no spam filters or such).

I am sorry if you have been trying to contact me and felt that we were ignoring you. That surely is not the case.

Just to make sure you have the correct e-mail:

[email protected]

You can also send me a PM on this forum as well. I will try to see if there is anything going on with my e-mail here.

Kent,

Well that's kind of good news/bad news.

That is the email address I have been using right along.

When I didn't hear back from you about the 4-8, I figured I had driven you nuts with all of my newbie questions, which would be understandable.

In the future, if I don't get a response in what I consider to be a reasonable period of time, I'll either call you on the phone and ask if you got my message, or try the PM feature as you suggest.

Did you see my other post asking about the pros and cons of using lines as short as 50 or 60 feet on the Power Blasts in order to avoid overflying sunbathers?

Bob

No harm, no foul.

My skin is not thin in the area of my hearing issue. It's something I deal with, as you must have to deal with the leftovers from your excursion from perfect health.

With all of the benefit that email is to those of us who live in a quieter world, it does have its drawbacks.

Lacking the facial expressions, tone of voice and other body language cues that in-person communication offers, it's easy to misinterpret the motives and agendas of those with whom we are communicating.

Further exacerbating the dilemma are the factors of no personal relationship knowledge of many we talk with, which triggers a too common tendency to suspect the motives of strangers, and, unfortunately, the existence of "trolls".

Trolls delight in nothing so much as fomenting discord among once tightly knit special interest groups, posing as would-be participants, using Google to pick up just enough of the "shop talk" of the group to appear as one with some knowledge and active interest in the core discipline of the group.

Truly dedicated trolls may even go so far as to show up at an organized event of the group (using some name different from their online persona) and buy a T-shirt emblazoned with a product manufacturers logo to affect a disguise.

While in any group there will be actual participants that are,by their nature, persons who find interaction with others bothersome, TRUE trolls will not commit significant finances, time, or effort to the pursuit of excellence in the group's chosen area of interest.

So, as one who, with crimson cheeks, has, too many times had to sweep up the crushed remains of treasured momentos knocked from the mantles of conversation by my unseen arm gestures, let me say that I take NO offense at your suggestion to use the telephone to contact Kent.

In fact, it seems that there IS some technical issue that has prevented him from receiving at least three emails from me.

END OF GROUP SESSION.

Will all the attendees kindly deposit 5 cents in the coffee can on the table by the exit?

Thank you for your kind attention! :-)

Bob

• Like 2

Kent,

I am envious!

As was once said ( author unknown) :" Do the thing you love and you'll never WORK a day in your life."

May your quiver overflow with flying Bow Ties! :-)

No hurry... Your advice is good enough to wait for! ( Yes! I HATED English class!)

Bob

LOL - Bob, you crack me up. :) I will leave 5 cents in the can. :)

I did see your post on the short lines but didn't have time to respond to it. It has been quite busy here lately (thats a good thing! Now I might be able to pay for some of my Rev's).

Kent,

I did see your response on the line length issue.

It looks like short lines are a way for a novice to get into trouble quicker!

Guess I will stick with the 100 footers for a while.

Thanks!

Bob