Never used music. Am l missing out?

Stephen

OTOH - if your idea of music is not danceable, then it would not add to your experience.

I don't think I would fully agree with you on that.

My best ballet ever, giving me first place in Quadline ballet at EuroCup 1997 was:

"It's oh so quiet - Bjork"

I don't think it is very danceable (or is it)?

It is a very challenging piece to fly to with extremes changes in speed and loudness.

SO - my question is how the H do you dance without MUSIC?

I guess if all you are trying to do is practice moves, that doesn't make sense. But if your aim is to fly connected with the kite and the wind, and the world, enjoy and let the little kid out to play, then music is essential to my experience.

OTOH - if your idea of music is not danceable, then it would not add to your experience.

Cool....to each his/her own!!! However.....

1. You don`t see tai chi or chi quiong players using music...it`s a series of moves. Now envision yourself doing improvised tai chi.......except you`re doing it with a kite attached to yourself....outwardly and inwardly...

2. Any music is "danceable"....ya just gotta do the appropriate dance...

3. As I stated in a previous post....John Cage`s 4'33.....dance (with the kite) to the music/rhythm(s) of your environment.

4. What is "music" anyway? I don`t have (or want to know) the answer and I`ve been a professional musican going on 35 yrs.....

bt

• Like 1

I don't think I would fully agree with you on that.

My best ballet ever, giving me first place in Quadline ballet at EuroCup 1997 was:

"It's oh so quiet - Bjork"

I don't think it is very danceable (or is it)?

It is a very challenging piece to fly to with extremes changes in speed and loudness.

Sounds to me, John, that you were "dancing" with the music if you comment on the changes in speed and loudness as making it difficult. I didn't mean to imply simple to dance to - rather setting a rhythm and mood for you and the kite's movements. Experts such as yourself can certainly "dance" to a wider spectrum of music than beginners. kid_happy.gif

Myself - more stuck on very old rock and pop - my age and lesser talent showing.

If you want to dance to internal music, as btbt suggests, that is obviously fine. If you've seen videos of a courtyard full of seniors performing tai-chi in synchronization - the rhythm is there, audible or not. And if you want to completely free-style with no rhyme or rhythm - that is probably very appropriate for freestyle flying. Although music could still set a mood.

My first experience flying a dual line to music was extremely emotional for me - it was so beautiful to connect that way. But everyone is different.

Short answer - try it. If you like it, fine. If not, fine.

• Like 1