Spring Clean

West Australian

Question

6 answers to this question

I use these stages...

• Basic rinse, using the palm of my hand or a soft cloth under light-medium pressure warm water.
  • If still funky - do same as above, but use a very, very mild soap of some kind and be sure to rinse thoroughly.
  • With tough stains on white (often caused by storing your sail wet), try this worst-case tip I got from Bazzer himself:
  1. Fold a paper towel several times to make an absorbant mat, lay it on a stable and mess-safe surface table
  2. Lay the affected area of the sail flat over it, with the kite mostly supported.
  3. Fold another paper towel similarly, and apply a small amount of de-natured alcohol to it.
  4. Do a small amount of gentle buffing on the stain, circular, side to side and up and down motions.
  5. Flip the sail over and do the same on the other side, again gently and not too much.

** Ideally, your stain will be gone by now but if not, you have to consider sail coating abrasion versus aesthetics, make your choice accordingly.