• Blast 4.8
    • Polorev STD
    • Polorev MID
    • Polorev VTD
    • Gonzalez Bros Printed Rev
    • Shook Mesh 75%
    • Shook Mesh 100%

Question

Bringing back an old poll with a more complete list of kites, pick a few of your favorite Revs, imagining that you have your choice of wind, frame and lines for each one... Ideal set up, ideal conditions - what do you think? smile.png

Let me know if a kite is not included and needs to be considered for the list...

1. Must be either Revolution made or officially licensed.
  2. Must be from a generally available line of Revs, past or present.
  3. Color and print (non-aerodynamic) variations don't count.

Right on, keep it coming - folks can always amend / expand their votes. :)

I think the only reasonable restrictions I'll put on my poll are:

1. Must be either Revolution made or officially licensed.
  2. Must be from a generally available line of Revs, past or present.
  3. Color and print (non-aerodynamic) variations don't count.

Utterly different animals, no comparing or replacing possible.

Supersonic is FAST, super high acceleration on a much higher scale than the B2 or Rev II, which are simply quicker by size but still exhibit "traditional" Rev precision... The Supersonic is a wily creature, very difficult to fly precisely, but a unique ride all it's own.

Wow John, you make me want all the Revs.

I am still really Happy with My B Series Set. :)

• Like 1

I love my sonic vented. When the wind gets up a bit, it's great to just unleash the raw speed. The best though is to fly it for a bit, really working on being smooth and in control, then putting up my BPro and flying it smooth as silk. It's like swinging a weighted bat in the on-deck circle, then stepping up to the plate and the regular bat feeling light as a feather. Some of my best flying.

Own the B2's, indoor, full pro set, full Polo set, Zen, Blast (std and vented), Power Blast 2-4 and have previously owned the SLE and B sets.

Each has its own personality, strengths and weaknesses ... but I always come back to the Pro and that's what gets flown 90% of the time.

Don't get me wrong, there are times and reasons I will take a Polo or B2 (for example) over one of my Pros .... but if I had to give up everything except for one series I would keep the Pros - best all round system bar none that I have experienced.

• Like 3

Not being a die-hard collector, nor a hoarder of kites, I have drastically lightened up my Rev Bag over the past couple of years, and with mixed feelings, I have managed to thin out quite a few, while holding onto, some of my old favorites (and even added a couple, here and there). Yes, there are Revs to fly, and then there are Revs to hang on the wall, so good or bad, (and not that the ones I let go were bad, because they surely weren't), the kites that I kept, were simply the ones that I would always go to, during the short and limited times that I had to fly. Didn't someone once say, "so many kites and so little time to fly"? If not, they should have, but as I eventually trimmed down, my once growing collection, moving them on to others who had a bit more time to put them through the paces, I said good bye to my beautiful Lee Sedgwick Rev I, a complete set of B-series (std, mid & vtd), as well as my gorgeous set of B-Pros (std, mid & vtd), along with a few stand alone B's and 1.5 SLE's.

As for the keepers, in the 1.5 category, I was always finding myself going for one of my mid-vent B-series, so yep, that one remains. Then, changing gears a bit, along came a little Rev II, and after a shaky start, I finally became quite fond of that little kite, especially when the wind was really cooking. This, of course, eventually lead me to my favorite Rev - the B2 standard. Now, this may or may not remain my favorite Rev, because recently, I've added a brand new B2 mid, as well as a B2 vtd. Neither of these have been flown yet, but knowing how I really love to fly in the brisk coastal winds, of North Carolina's Outer Banks, and being well aware of how "vents", improved the 1.5 experience, I am really looking forward to checking out these new B2's, so watch out B2 std, there's a new pair of horses in the stable, just waiting for summer. cat_lol.gif

• Like 3

Well let's see i have 3 masterpieces, a zen, a std b, a 2/4 blast, just ordered a std, mid, full, b series pro set, and an indoor. There all my favorite they are revs waited my whole life for kites like these, and enjoying the hospitality of perth with Ian and Rob getting to fly pretty much everyday I love it.

• Like 3