Spar Placement

deutsch

Just looked at some pictures of the SuperSonic. It looked to me like the spars were located on the front of the kite. Is this true or have I been putting my spars in the wrong place? (On the backside)

Thanks.

Deutsch

All models of the Revolution kites have their spars on the back side!

Must agree it LOOKS like the speed series have the spars on the front. However if you look closely you will see there is a dark seam that runs in the same place as the spars. The seam is what you can see on the front.

I think!!!!!!!!!

Must agree it LOOKS like the speed series have the spars on the front. However if you look closely you will see there is a dark seam that runs in the same place as the spars. The seam is what you can see on the front.

I think!!!!!!!!!

Look at the vented pic.

http://revkites.com/main/images/products/s...nt-IMG_0063.jpg

I think the spars are in the front. (wrong I assume). You can see the shadow on of the spar on the sail. Look at the vented part, you see the only the spar on the front of the sail not behind thru the vent. The light shadow is on the venting.

It is either set up wrong or it is one heck of and optical illusion. :confused!:

Yes they are setup wrong in that picture.

The spars defiantly go on the back, they have sewn in Dacron where the spars go for wear protection,

If you do have one make sure and this is important loop the shock cord over the spar on the bottoms before putting on the end cap, this prevents it from ripping through the material.

The Speed Series have a remarkable amount of pull for their size and allot of stress will rip those cords right through in no time.

Boy, you guys are really sharp. I never thought a simple little question would bring forth so much thinking. It turned out to have some really interesting results.

Also, thanks for the suggestions. Can't wait to have some more questions.

Deutsch

PS Years ago, when the first Rev ii came out, I bought one and had no clue, but I finally mastered it. Then the next year when I took it out, I foolishly put the spars in front. Boy did it take a long time to figure out why the kite wouldn't fly. Even when I took it to the kite store, they couldn't figure it out. In the store they set it up correctly, but when I went out to the beach, it still wouldn't stay up. Of course, I was still putting the spars in front. I don't rember how I figured it out,but the kite flew beautifully from then on. Beginners make lots of mistakes, but only people who try things make mistakes.

Thanks again and good flying.

I run into people here and there with the spars on the front. Just this past weekend, I saw a Rev 1 up in the sky and I could tell from a few hundred feet away that the spars were misplaced. Sure enough, OLD rev 1, complete with the metal clips and he had ALWAYS flown it that way.

:sign_kitelife:

Well after reading this thread last week I went out and set up my kite the right way this weekend and had a good time with it. Was a really good second flight, and my 5 year old daughter had a bit of a go at it too.

of course now I need to get a set of 2 wraps and another kite so I can fly when there isnt enough wind for my vented.