noob with a difference

MGower

My name is Chris and I saw a video and was hooked. These are the kites I have been waiting my whole life for. I have been flying stunt kites and power kites for almost 20 years and just bought a sea kite (9m). But the second I saw the rev kites I knew what was missing in my life, the total precision and grace (like ballet in the air) of kite flying. I am lucky enough to travel for a living and am currently in San Diego where they make the rev kites, so I did a little research on the internet, went to their factory and got some great advice from ben, joe, and lolly ... bought 5 rev kites in 2 days lol and haven't looked back WOW. Lolly hope you still have the lion kite I'm coming in for that one next. So on to Australia next month for 1 year any flying partners in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne. I am so glad for all the tutorials (I'm a geek I practice with my handles while watching the videos) and all the advice in the forums, all I can say is I'm glad to finally be part of the Rev olution lol Chris

• Like 3

Welcome! It's a great family to be part of! :)

Yes, there are flyers down under. Hopefully some of them will post and hook up with you while you are there.

Enjoy!

Theresa

ps...and if you find you are traveling in the Pacific Northwest August 2013, you have to join us for the biggest Rev Party on the beach. WSIKF 2013 http://kitefestival.com/kite-festival/

• Like 1

thanks theresa was just in portland and seattle last christmas and new year will be in australia for a year then on to brazil for the next year (hate my life lol). i picked up a zen, 2 masterpiece, a b series and the 2-4 what a blast that is (no pun intended) but what a kite love the low wind characteristics and straight into power with a twist of the wrist just amazing. am so looking forward to meeting some other flyers from around the world who enjoy the precision and grace of the rev kites and share some air with them.

• Like 1

Hi Chris! Welcome to the DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK Side.

Just curious what kind of job you have that you can predict which countries you will be in a how long.

I have been around the world and worked in a number of countries, but I could never been able to predict the countries and length of time.

i picked up a zen, 2 masterpiece, a b series and the 2-4 what a blast that is (no pun intended)

Welcome! Flying these is a LOT of fun, especially with other people.

Reading your quote, I used to think I jumped in deep to the dark side, but this is a whole different level. I think it took me a year to get to five revs . . . . none masterpiece (yet).

Hi Chris! Welcome to the DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK Side.

Just curious what kind of job you have that you can predict which countries you will be in a how long.

I have been around the world and worked in a number of countries, but I could never been able to predict the countries and length of time.

i tour with the show Cavalia (like cirque du soliel) but with horses, haven't been home lol in 6 years getting paid to travel the planet not a bad job.

• Like 1

Welcome! Flying these is a LOT of fun, especially with other people.

Reading your quote, I used to think I jumped in deep to the dark side, but this is a whole different level. I think it took me a year to get to five revs . . . . none masterpiece (yet).

is great to feel welcome into the rev olution, after I did little research and watched a lot of videos,(and some good advice) I decided I need a full range, (looking at a matched mid and full vent to complete the series )as I move every 2 months with my work I wasn't sure when I could next stock up. But the masterpiece's I just couldn't resist LoL Art, Beauty,and Precision in the air. I'M HOOKED.

i tour with the show Cavalia (like cirque du soliel) but with horses, haven't been home lol in 6 years getting paid to travel the planet not a bad job.

Quite interesting!

Are you aware of the Rev Indoor. They have been flown on stage for Americas Got Talent.

They have been integrated into Ice Capades type shows and some others.

However as I assume you are aware, horses do not take to kites very well.

• Like 1

Quite interesting!

Are you aware of the Rev Indoor. They have been flown on stage for Americas Got Talent.

They have been integrated into Ice Capades type shows and some others.

However as I assume you are aware, horses do not take to kites very well.

Hey everyone check this out: http://www.cavalia.net

• 10 months later...