*FRENCH BRIDLES*

Hector Herrera

Hi everyone, at was afraid, at first, to post this, but then I read John's topic on modifications, and decided to share this with you. I have known of the "French Bridles" for a while now, and just last week I decided to test it in my Old Rev. SUL 1.5, now, modified to Vented Rev. 1.5 and I am totally convinced that the French Bridles, are a mile and some, BETTER, than the regular bridles. "This is only my own personal opinion".

With the French Bridles, I could do: GROUND PANCAKES, AXELS, FLIC-FLACS, AND...some good ground recovery, that CANNOT be done with regular bridles. Since videos speak better than words, I am sharing my last experience, with you, I had a lot of fun doing those tricks, over and over, The video is of poor quality, cause I use Microsoft video maker, and my Sony lap top is old, and for been the first time with these bridles in my Revo. 1.5 .......I guess I did pretty good. cjb-th_icon_clap.gifcjb-th_icon_clap.gif Anyway, I let you be the judge.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=74...50519&hl=en

Suggestion...try them, (French Bridles), you'll like them.

Hector Herrera

Mr. Guatemalan KiteFlier.

I Fly for Victory.

I have flown these extensively. As with all things there are pros and cons.

Firstly Hector, I would suggest adding the tension sticks on the back of the kite. This in addition to the new bridle words really well and should help prevent some of those flat outs. It puts a slight backward curve on the leading edges which helps the kite on rotation. They also put a slight curve on the vertical spars. This bows the kite that way also and allows the kite to spin around when flat on th e ground, leading edge to wards you. (effectively there is never a dead position)

These things are not for everyone. They are of limited use in team unless you are competing and intend to use advanced tricks. Individuals may find the variation allows them to do other things. There is always a compromise to be paid. For me I find that these bridles make rotations and turns fantastic, however, they make sliding a little harder (stands to reason as you no longer have a flat kite).

So it's horses for courses. I would encourage anyone to try this, but don't lose your old bridle as you may want to put it back again. Better still, buy another kite and have both! :kid_devlish:

As per your request....(and I hope these guys from Revolution don't kick my .... end, for posting them) :confused!:

Here they are..."The French Bridles" I guess also known as "Turbo Bridles".

Hey guys, if any one of you, try and like those bridles, after I post the drawings, please let me know, just for my own satisfaction. It would make me feel good to know that sharing with you something I found at other forums, it makes you happy. Let's remember that those are not my design, I just copy them from another planet.

Thanks guys and gals, Have fun, and start tricking maddly.

post-921-1186452999_thumb.jpg

I have flown these extensively. As with all things there are pros and cons.

Firstly Hector, I would suggest adding the tension sticks on the back of the kite. This in addition to the new bridle words really well and should help prevent some of those flat outs. It puts a slight backward curve on the leading edges which helps the kite on rotation. They also put a slight curve on the vertical spars. This bows the kite that way also and allows the kite to spin around when flat on th e ground, leading edge to wards you. (effectively there is never a dead position)

These things are not for everyone. They are of limited use in team unless you are competing and intend to use advanced tricks. Individuals may find the variation allows them to do other things. There is always a compromise to be paid. For me I find that these bridles make rotations and turns fantastic, however, they make sliding a little harder (stands to reason as you no longer have a flat kite).

So it's horses for courses. I would encourage anyone to try this, but don't lose your old bridle as you may want to put it back again. Better still, buy another kite and have both! :kid_devlish:

I use the (we call them Quad Sticks) on the back of most of my kites, but we don't put enough tension on them to actually curve the leading edge or the down spars, more so just to keep the sail as flat as possible, makes for nice axles flat spins floating is amazing flick flacks and ground recovery are also enhanced, the way these are set up is more of a torque converter meaning when one wing decides to fold over the other follows (probably why some call em training wheels, sissy sticks, or whatever). some people actually call them Magic Sticks.

In any case their main use is parking leading edge down and not having to stake LOL, all the rest of those really cool benefits are like a side effect.

Maybe its the way mine don't curve any spars but I have no problem with slides, they allow the sail to bellow just as much (as some would disagree) I'm not worried about additional weight I'm not flying indoors, but if made with some extra care they can be done with very minimal added weight like the ones on my SUL's

Some love em, some swear they are useless (whatever) personally I think they look cool and very mechanical looking and also add great function to the point when I get a new kite and fly it I can't wait to get home and tie up some quad sticks on it.

Now I've heard so many times "real quad fliers don't use sticks" now bear in mind these are people that like to throw stats around, from what I gather more European and world champions use them so it's all personal preference, they don't impair flying, although they kind of help playing in water as they keep the sail from folding up like a book and if you have wind over 5 mph you can fly regardless.

Now these French bridles (turbo) I sat here and tried to tie up a set using that picture ( little difficult not seeing how its knotted) but after finishing it looks like the whole bridle is pretty far away from the sail and they measure out pretty perfect to the ones given in the photo, now on another forum somewhere they seemed to be very tight to the sail, any insight seeing as you have them from where they originated ??

I use the (we call them Quad Sticks) on the back of most of my kites, but we don't put enough tension on them to actually curve the leading edge or the down spars, more so just to keep the sail as flat as possible, makes for nice axles flat spins floating is amazing flick flacks and ground recovery are also enhanced, the way these are set up is more of a torque converter meaning when one wing decides to fold over the other follows (probably why some call em training wheels, sissy sticks, or whatever). some people actually call them Magic Sticks.

In any case their main use is parking leading edge down and not having to stake LOL, all the rest of those really cool benefits are like a side effect.

Maybe its the way mine don't curve any spars but I have no problem with slides, they allow the sail to bellow just as much (as some would disagree) I'm not worried about additional weight I'm not flying indoors, but if made with some extra care they can be done with very minimal added weight like the ones on my SUL's

Some love em, some swear they are useless (whatever) personally I think they look cool and very mechanical looking and also add great function to the point when I get a new kite and fly it I can't wait to get home and tie up some quad sticks on it.

Now I've heard so many times "real quad fliers don't use sticks" now bear in mind these are people that like to throw stats around, from what I gather more European and world champions use them so it's all personal preference, they don't impair flying, although they kind of help playing in water as they keep the sail from folding up like a book and if you have wind over 5 mph you can fly regardless.

Now these French bridles (turbo) I sat here and tried to tie up a set using that picture ( little difficult not seeing how its knotted) but after finishing it looks like the whole bridle is pretty far away from the sail and they measure out pretty perfect to the ones given in the photo, now on another forum somewhere they seemed to be very tight to the sail, any insight seeing as you have them from where they originated ??

Thanks for the above. I agree with pretty much everything. The message seems to be that these sticks are flexible and can be used to a greater or lesser extent or indeed not at all. Be open to new experiences and make your own mind up.

As for distance from the sail, I bullied Fabrice (the originator of the design) into putting one of his bridles on my kite and it stands out pretty much the same as the ordinary one. I have this design on a Rev II as well and found it worked best for me on that kite. Try looking at their web page, it has all the info needed http://www.revo-solution.com/

Just to add, with the different bridle and sticks I can reverse the rev just as fast as I can fly it forwards. Now that's cool :blue_wink:

What a great site this is.VARIETY,the spice of life

Thanks chaps for the video, read and info.NEVER TRIED TRICKS WITHA REV.

When i read the post,i thought,,pancakes,fades,axels,flat spins,have i pressed the wrong dam button :lol::lol::lol:.

Had a shock when i didnt see a STICKY,,,

Like the Reverseing improvements mentioned.Must try some dog stakeing also.

Many Thanks

BRIAN..

I received a bridle of this design from Hector, will be testing extensively at WSIKF.

At first glance, and after some preliminary testing, I will probably shorten everything, bring it closer to the kite to cut down on wing wraps.

But, it looks very interesting... Can't wait to get it in the sky!

I received a bridle of this design from Hector, will be testing extensively at WSIKF.

At first glance, and after some preliminary testing, I will probably shorten everything, bring it closer to the kite to cut down on wing wraps.

John, let me know how you make out with that bridle closer to the sail after you give it a good spanking, thats the one thing I'm sure I don't like is that its so far away.

And also how much you shortened the ends of course :kid_smartass:

Lemme Try! Lemme Try!!!! :w00t: lol. I'll have to wait to make some. I still need to buy the bridal line, and I'm VERY short on money at the moment. I tried doing those things with my vented B-series with a standerd bridal, and i didn't do too well :blushing: .

As per your request....(and I hope these guys from Revolution don't kick my .... end, for posting them) :confused!:

Here they are..."The French Bridles" I guess also known as "Turbo Bridles".

Hey guys, if any one of you, try and like those bridles, after I post the drawings, please let me know, just for my own satisfaction. It would make me feel good to know that sharing with you something I found at other forums, it makes you happy. Let's remember that those are not my design, I just copy them from another planet.

Thanks guys and gals, Have fun, and start tricking maddly.

Hello !!!!

Good to know that you hear about french bridle, i saw your drawing, you need a bridle on your break which alow to break always in the same direction !!!!. Your briddle has been change from the first one which was developp by Fabrice Baldan & David Duboc.I hope you understand my english !!!!.....

I give you the link to find our bridle : http://www.revo-solution.com then go in item "revo-solution" +"revolution 1.5" then you can open our outdoor briddle and also inddor briddle !!!!!

see you !!!!!

Damien & Fabrice ,

Thanks!

That bridle is very different from the diagram that Hector posted.

I know that you speak French, and I only speak English, but can you explain some of the theory about this bridle?

What is the purpose of line #2?

If you need to answer in French, that is OK. We will find someone to help translate for us English only speakers.

Thanks!

I know that you speak French, and I only speak English, but can you explain some of the theory about this bridle?

If you need to answer in French, that is OK. We will find someone to help translate for us English only speakers.

Don't worry about translation...just type LOUD and S L O W :kid_devlish:

Hello !!!!

Good to know that you hear about french bridle, i saw your drawing, you need a bridle on your break which alow to break always in the same direction !!!!. Your briddle has been change from the first one which was developp by Fabrice Baldan & David Duboc.I hope you understand my english !!!!.....

I give you the link to find our bridle : http://www.revo-solution.com then go in item "revo-solution" +"revolution 1.5" then you can open our outdoor briddle and also inddor briddle !!!!!

see you !!!!!

Damien & Fabrice ,

Equipo: "Los choferes Locos"...Hmmm, interesting name, Salut: comment allez-vous ? Damien & Fabrice! I have seen your bridles design before, and I want to know if you are using the last design? or are you still using the one I posted? If you are using the new or last design, How is it performing in team flying and how does it do individually when you go "crazy driving". Can you post a video where we can see you doing tricks, and what kind of bridles you use? if you can post a video of your team it woud be very nice, that way we get to know you better.

Merci.

Jusqu'à la fois prochaine

Hector Herrera

Guatemalan KiteFlier de temps.

As for distance from the sail, I bullied Fabrice (the originator of the design) into putting one of his bridles on my kite and it stands out pretty much the same as the ordinary one. I have this design on a Rev II as well and found it worked best for me on that kite. Try looking at their web page, it has all the info needed http://www.revo-solution.com/

After trying all night to tie one up (and failing) what are the chances you can bully Fabrice into selling me one lol :kid_devlish:

Equipo: "Los choferes Locos"...Hmmm, interesting name, Salut: comment allez-vous ? Damien & Fabrice! I have seen your bridles design before, and I want to know if you are using the last design? or are you still using the one I posted? If you are using the new or last design, How is it performing in team flying and how does it do individually when you go "crazy driving". Can you post a video where we can see you doing tricks, and what kind of bridles you use? if you can post a video of your team it woud be very nice, that way we get to know you better.

Merci.

Jusqu'à la fois prochaine

Hector Herrera

Guatemalan KiteFlier de temps.

Dear !!!!

We use the same bridle as before you can reach it on our website www.revo-solution.com (multimedia+ revo 1.5). We had never use the bridle you post , may be other french pilots use it...Our bridle which is different from the one you post, is perfect to fly tricks and also very good for precision. we use another bridle for the breaks (that's the yellow one on our drawing, it start from the middle of the kite, goes down to the break and goes up to the tail ).

Fabrice is working on our website , so i'll tell him to put freestyle videos !!!!!

enjoy your fly !!!!

see you !!!

Thanks!

Hi !!!!

No worries about my english !!!!! May you saw that we have another line for the break (the yellow one). this line is usefull to break always in the same direction.With this line , breaks can't move....

The purpose of the line 2 is to fly axel.For example if you pull right, you also pullon the left side with line 2.When it's windy you spread power on every part of the leading edge .

If you don't understand , i can explain in french .....

La bride 2 permet de faire les axels.elle permet aussi de repartir la pression sur le bord d'attaque.

Size of line 2 is 69 cm , however we always have to adjust it with a loop.

see you soon !!!!

Don't worry about translation...just type LOUD and S L O W :kid_devlish:

salut stephen !!!!!

La bride 2 facilite les axels !!!!!! au lieu de tirer au milieu , on tire le coté opposé.

cette bride permet de repartir la pression sur le bord d'attaque !!!!!

I hope you can translate it in english , if not i'll explain it in english !!!!

See you in portsmouth !!!!!

Damien & Fabrice

salut stephen !!!!!

La bride 2 facilite les axels !!!!!! au lieu de tirer au milieu , on tire le coté opposé.

cette bride permet de repartir la pression sur le bord d'attaque !!!!!

I hope you can translate it in english , if not i'll explain it in english !!!!

See you in portsmouth !!!!!

Damien & Fabrice

Ah Je comprennent. J'aime le frein et cela fonctionne bien. L'employez-vous jamais sans longerons sur le dos du cerf-volant ?

Ah Je comprennent. J'aime le frein et cela fonctionne bien. L'employez-vous jamais sans longerons sur le dos du cerf-volant ?

Dear Stephen !!!!

You're right , the line for the break is very efficient, to get more precision and to fly easily backward, we put stand off behind the kite .A line pathing in the middle allows to curve the foil shape . i'll show you at portsmouth !!!!!

Have a nice day !!!!

hugs,