Upgrade coming!

KiteLife

Hey! I was wrong, when I turned on my confuser this morning I was still logged in ani_wallbash.gif

It would seem that every time I log in that particular cookie automatically will log me back in even after signing out and powering down just as I did earlier today!

When I looked as to who is online it appears that some other members might be getting the same symptom as me!

I am now going to sign out, but I will not delete the cookie, then do a power cycle and see what happens !

Bill

UPDATE!

I signed out, left the revkites cookie, powered down, powered up, and went to the forum and was found to be logged in!

Next time I signed out I first deleted the cookie, powered down, powered up, and went to the forum and this time I was NOT logged in! I then signed in to regain the cookie.

I then signed out again leaving the cookie, did the power down ,power up and go to the forum and again found that I was logged in!

So it all points to the cookie causing this anomoly!

As a note I am on Windows XP Internet Explorer.

I'm still not having the problem. Every since I got rid of the revkites.com cookie, I've had no problems signing off, and staying signed off. I just tried it again, and when I came back to the Rev website, I had to sign in.............

Are you guys sure, that you went into your list of cookies, and deleted just the one called revkites,com

I can confirm (in Firefox v17.0.1) pressing Sign Out using the old cookie doesn't actually sign you out until you manually delete the old cookie and sign back in again manually to generate a new cookie. Then signing in and out works as expected.

Bear in mind there are two cookies from this site:-

revkites.com

www.revkites.com

You can delete all cookies properly en masse using CrapCleaner (aka CCleaner).

CrapCleaner is also good to retain certain cookies you also wish to keep, so you can add various sites to your cookie 'keep list' afterwards if you don't want to flush those particular site cookies away again in future. I like to stay logged in to sites I visit regularly. smile.png

While we're on the subject of upgrades - anybody else had any issues with the colorizer? My pointer jumps around, not smoothly, when on the colorizer page! And it's only on the colorizer itself, while I'm moving over the text on the page, everything works fine! But the colorizer itself, has got my pointer all jumpy! Must be afraid I'll order some!!!

Update: made some changes in my settings for cookies and that seems to have solved the login problem!! ani_yahoo.gif Not sure if the colorizer thing is my problem or what, haven't seen any comments from anybody else on it!! ani_wallbash.gif

Update on colorizer: no difference on it after upgrades!! Still jumpy on just the empty sail section, not on the text above with description! Makes moving to a sail section very difficult!!

While we're on the subject of upgrades - anybody else had any issues with the colorizer? My pointer jumps around, not smoothly, when on the colorizer page! And it's only on the colorizer itself, while I'm moving over the text on the page, everything works fine! But the colorizer itself, has got my pointer all jumpy! Must be afraid I'll order some!!!

Do you mean the pointer jumps around erratically without you doing anything, or the pointer itself is just less fluid? The mouse pointer does seem less fluid (jerkier) on the colorizer section, like it's running at a slower frame rate, but to be honest I'm not sure if it hasn't always been like this! It doesn't seemingly affect the usage at all, all mouse clicks are properly registered.

(For background info I have a 2.7GHz quad-core with 4GB RAM and 512MB 8800GT running Vista with Firefox, everything including flash and all drivers are fully updated.)

Do you mean the pointer jumps around erratically without you doing anything, or the pointer itself is just less fluid? The mouse pointer does seem less fluid (jerkier) on the colorizer section, like it's running at a slower frame rate, but to be honest I'm not sure if it hasn't always been like this! It doesn't seemingly affect the usage at all, all mouse clicks are properly registered.

(For background info I have a 2.7GHz quad-core with 4GB RAM and 512MB 8800GT running Vista with Firefox, everything including flash and all drivers are fully updated.)

Yes, I see the same thing (less of a fluid movement). It's almost like you tend to out run the pointer (if that makes any sense). I see it catching up, occasionally, when I stop moving it. Maybe it's because the pointer is much larger than your normal pointer, or it is on my screen..........Colorizer appears to work okay, though cat_shifty.gif

No changes have been made to the colorizer, trick is that it's using Flash... It's a self-contained file functionally separate from the website, that relies on Flash Player.

Eventually it needs to be rewritten in HTML5 (not mainstream at the time the colorizer was made), but for now, all I can suggest is making sure your Flash plugin is up to date.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Otherwise, moving at a slower and more reliable pace may help it keep up with you.

• Like 1