Upgrade coming!

KiteLife

The editing of text does not function in FF. There is no response to "Save Changes", Use "Full Editor" or "Cancel"

My corrected text is:

What I find interesting in the signatures is that entered size commands are responded to correctly on my signature. However, it also displays the commands. The URL does not work properly.

Stroke survivor, I am with you regarding being logged in, but not smileys!

As soon as I go to the forum I find that I am logged in!

I can log out OK and go to other sites then return to the forum and find that I am logged in again!

I do not save passwords and have used tools to delete any possible saved items, the forum is the only site where this is occuring and has only started in the last few days!

I can even turn off and restart my confuser (thats what I call it) and I still find I am logged in!

Looking at who is actually logged in shows some members are on for many hours!

When I have looked at different posts today the smileys have only been in code but on Stroke Survivors previous reply they are visable!

Is it me or the upgrade screwed things up?

Bill

• Like 1

NOTE: Signatures appear to be rendering now, you might wish to check the formatting to be sure it appears the way you like...

As I understand it, John Mitchell and I both tried to edit our signatures to fix them before we fixed the system issue, which made them break once it was fixed... His and mine both suffered slight formatting quirks due to this, but this appears to be isolated.

Again, everything should be working 100% now - if not, don't hesitate to let me know - it'll help everyone. :)

Not that it matters, especially if you are the one having the problem, but just for the record, everything is working just fine, over here on the right coast, both here on the Rev forum, and over on the Kitelife forum. Even RevWizard's animated avatar is looking good, as usual.

For the record......Windows XP Pro SP3 with FireFox 17.0.1 all on my "regular old laptop, with real keys" cat_shy.gif

• Like 1

Something to check - I logged out yesterday after checking things, but the forum still had me logged in this morning!!
I had the same (signing out) problem as Wayne & Bill, so far as signing off the website, then coming back later, and finding that I was still signed on (?).
Hmmm! I think it has something to do with "cookies". I went to my cookies, and I removed, "just" the cookie from revkites.com, and then I signed off. I got an ugly message, as I was leaving, that said I had done something terribly wrong, but I just ignored it, and closed (X'ed) out my browser. Then, I brought my browser back up (FireFox 17.0.1), signed in to the Rev forum as usual, looked around, made a post, then signed back out. Now, when I come back, I am still signed off, whether I close the browser, or just the website. Must have been an "old" cookie (staled or something), but the new fresh cookie seems to be handling things, just as it should........cat_shy.gif

As soon as I go to the forum I find that I am logged in!

I can log out OK and go to other sites then return to the forum and find that I am logged in again!

I do not save passwords and have used tools to delete any possible saved items, the forum is the only site where this is occuring and has only started in the last few days! I can even turn off and restart my confuser (thats what I call it) and I still find I am logged in!

Bill

I had the same (signing out) problem as Wayne & Bill, so far as signing off the website, then coming back later, and finding that I was still signed on (?).

Hmmm! I think it has something to do with "cookies". I went to my cookies, and I removed, "just" the cookie from revkites.com, and then I signed off. I got an ugly message, as I was leaving, that said I had done something terribly wrong, but I just ignored it, and closed (X'ed) out my browser. Then, I brought my browser back up (FireFox 17.0.1), signed in to the Rev forum as usual, looked around, made a post, then signed back out. Now, when I come back, I am still signed off, whether I close the browser, or just the website. Must have been an "old" cookie (staled or something), but the new fresh cookie seems to be handling things, just as it should........cat_shy.gif

Having cleared cookies and cache ( I normally do that monthly anyway ) all appears to be working OK! Thanks John!

Remember a lot of us seniors ( old farts if you insist ) are not up to date with modern technology and when using a keyboard it is

with fingers that are like cows udders! blush.png

Bill

Having cleared cookies and cache ( I normally do that monthly anyway ) all appears to be working OK! Thanks John!

Remember a lot of us seniors ( old farts if you insist ) are not up to date with modern technology and when using a keyboard it is

with fingers that are like cows udders! blush.png

Bill

Good deal, glad that worked for you Bill. You really didn't need to clear them all, just the revkites.com cookie, but all's well that ends well. And hey, don't feel bad, I'm an old fart too !

nick ani_whistling.gif

John - you're using the same symbol for both forums on the tab label!! Makes it a bit awkward to go to the one you want, especially if you're on a topic, not home page!! Possible change there?? ani_idea.gif

Wayne,

My tab labels are different.................

Kitelife says: "New content - Kitelife Magazine"

Revolution says: "New content - Revolution Forum"

Wayne,

My tab labels are different.................

Kitelife says: "New content - Kitelife Magazine"

Revolution says: "New content - Revolution Forum"

Yes, but the symbol on the tab is the same for both forums!! If you're on a topic, not forum home page, you might get confused!! Both are using an upside down triangle with 2 marks at 5 + 7 o'clock!! The Rev forum used to show a miniature Rev on the tab!!

Nick - that shows if you're at the forum home page!! Go to both forums and view the changes subject, and leave to another site, from the topics! There's no significant telling of which is which!! At least on my Chrome browser!!