Decorators Interview!

goestoeleven

There's a great interview with Felix and Jacob from the Decs over on Kitelife . . . http://www.kitelife.com/interviews/profile-the-decorators/

I thank them in part for my addiction to rev flying . . . having been lucky enough to connect with them a couple times on Blackheath when I had to be in London for business - they were very helpful to my (then rookie) abilities (and I haven't forgotten to tighten the bungies!). Partly also my inspiration to fly team. Hope to get to fly with the Decs again at WSIKF in 2013 for the mega grid!

Small side note - the interviewer is a fellow IKE member as well!

• 2 weeks later...

A good read!

Now a question for Felix:- You mention tightening the bungees in the interview but could you give a definition of what you would call tight?

Bill

'Tight' as in taking up the spring in the bungee so that the cap just clears the end of the rod without actual difficulty during assembly. That means there is still some 'stretch' available when the cap is fully fitted. YMMV as they say, but it has worked for us over the years and is as suggested by Lee Sedgwick many years ago.

Felix

'Tight' as in taking up the spring in the bungee so that the cap just clears the end of the rod without actual difficulty during assembly. That means there is still some 'stretch' available when the cap is fully fitted. YMMV as they say, but it has worked for us over the years and is as suggested by Lee Sedgwick many years ago.

Felix

Thank you that Felix, I will have to have a play!

I expect the comments will start from over the pond when they have woken up!

Bill

Thank you that Felix, I will have to have a play!

I expect the comments will start from over the pond when they have woken up!

Bill

Hi Bill,

I wouldn't expect much comment as it is, in a sense, part of the 'rite (SP?) of passage' into fully engaging with flying revs.

Running the lines out without getting tangles is one of the others, of course. The techniques for actually dealing with the tangled lines is almost off limits! <grins>

Felix

• 1 month later...

Hi Bill,

I wouldn't expect much comment as it is, in a sense, part of the 'rite (SP?) of passage' into fully engaging with flying revs.

Running the lines out without getting tangles is one of the others, of course. The techniques for actually dealing with the tangled lines is almost off limits! <grins>

Felix

'Within You Without You' has been our anthem. Sad news today...

Felix