15" Handles

hawkeye

Question

Hi All,

Just got my new 15" handles I haven't got to try them out yet.I was surprised to see

that there is a very short brake line ( the bottom ones) they only

have two knots for adjustment, is this the go with these handles or would I

be better off changing them with longer ones with more adjustment to them.

4 answers to this question

If they were factory standard models, they would have come with the same leaders on both top and bottom!! Most of us tie 1 or 2 knots in the bottoms and then make our own top leaders! They could be as long as the gap between top and bottom attachment points, AFTER you put in the knots for adjustment!! Find a lower knot that you like and make most of your adjustments from the top, a bit in for light wind, out for heavy!! I happen to like the longer handles in light winds but swap to 13" as soon as the wind picks up! You'll feel the need to swap when your handles get too twitchy!!kid_devlish.gif Have fun trying them out!!

No worries, mine have only two knots on the bottom, and I often wonder why I don't just burn off the extra one. I have 13s, 14s, and 15s. The 14s are my go to handles. 15s are twitchy at first when you are used to 13s. I used them all the time for a few months, and then they stopped being twitchy for me. Just have to reteach your hands how much movement is needed! B)