RevII Spec

heino

Question

Hello

I just bought a second hand revII, but can not find anything on the page, so are some who can help me with the details on the wind range, etc.

Hi heino,

The details for the B2 should be very close to that of a regular revII. Here's the product page for that kite:

http://www.revkites.com/kite-product/revolution-b2-standard

Honestly, with the stock 3 wrap frame, I think you'll stop flying it before you risk damaging it (well, assuming you don't power dive straight into the ground). The only time I can remember breaking a stock spar in a II was at Berkley, in fairly high winds, doing a tip stand inside some sort of pipe sticking out of the ground; the kite twisted while the tip was still in the pipe and I popped a LE rod. And thats in about 21 years of flying IIs. So, really, don't worry about wind speed. If you can control it, it'll handle the wind. The primary reason for a vented II is to slow it down...

Here is the specs for a Rev B2 Standard, 2-12mph 2wrap frame, 4-18mph 3 wrap frame, and 10-25mph 3wrap frame + 2wrap LE doubled up.

I've flown my B2 in gusts of 25kmh (16mph) but brought it down and changed to the 3wrap frame. I don't think I'll ever double up the leading edge just to get higher in the wind, that's what venteds are for!! 😜

Btw, train it with a 1.5 for a small progressive stack, looks and feels awesome!!!!

Rob

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

Sparkle - remember, it's only a 6' wingspan!! Because of it's smaller size, it will more than handle higher winds!! Just that it also is a lot faster!! The "B2" was developed from that original profile and given some mods to make it more precise than the original Rev2!! Nothing like some carving up the sky with that little baby!! I put my son's on my 120' lines and found it a pleasure to fly!! Extra length made it a bit slower, but it was so light to the touch!! Best on shorter lines for even more fun!!

Son's is a basic solid color Rev2 from the late '90s, 2 pc LE (3wrap), 75'x90# lineset, and itty bitty 9" handles!!

Burka beats his RevII like it was a redheaded step-child, behind the woodshed.

Regardless of the wind, his preference is short lines, long handles, no bridle, flying it all up wind and overhead, crazy actions combined with delicate and graceful precision. Huge surges of energy applied, lots of times with him "not even watching the kite". The reason the B2 and RevII are so much fun is because you can throw 'em around, don't baby it, yank and spank, it can take it! Oh my god, it leaps around at your command. (at least to Jeffery's!)

Burka beats his RevII like it was a redheaded step-child, behind the woodshed.

Regardless of the wind, his preference is short lines, long handles, no bridle, flying it all up wind and overhead, crazy actions combined with delicate and graceful precision. Huge surges of energy applied, lots of times with him "not even watching the kite". The reason the B2 and RevII are so much fun is because you can throw 'em around, don't baby it, yank and spank, it can take it! Oh my god, it leaps around at your command. (at least to Jeffery's!)

"Like a redhead behind the woodshed" that's classic! I'm gonna give that B2 a bit of yank and spank next time. When you say short lines, how short? 50's 30's?

My long lines are 25'. I also have 15's and 10's, though the 10' is really only for space-constrained flying; I wouldn't normally choose to fly on them, but they're useful to have around.

I've got a spare 80' #90 set that I'm going to chop up now. Do you still sleave the real short lines?

Do you still sleave the real short lines?

ALL my line sets are sleeved - including my indoor set.

Some people go on about weight, but I've weighed the stuff and even on a standard indoor setup you're not even talking half a percent of the weight. Then again - I also fly 90# line indoors as well since I don't like the 50# LPG at all.

FYI... my indoor lines are 5, 8, 10 and 12' in length, my outdoor lines are 20, 30, 50, 80 and 120' in lenght.

Your mileage may vary B)

If you don't have any sleeving, what sort of trick do you use to undo the larkshead from the bridle/leaders.

A loop knot or similar on the end of the loop?

You got it; I take small pieces of line and tie them into a loop, then larks head that loop onto the big loops you use to attach to the bridle. Gives you a little "tail" to grab to help undo the larks head.

Sent via Android smartphone using Tapatalk2