• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me where the nearest campsite to ainsdale beach is please

Is it a nice site ?

do you know how much a night it is ?

Thanks in anticipation

Barry

Helo mate,i have stayed at the site i think your on about

http://www.willowbankcp.co.uk/images/top2.jpg

Its very clean,very nice walks to dunes and beech,tesco 3mins and a local shop 1min away.Not much in the way of onsite club,pub,pool or anything.The people are helpfull and the sites well maintained.

I will be at raf woodvale this weekend,just up the road.

Hope this helps ya

BRIAN...

GLAD TO HELP :)

The shower block was spottless clean,modern, and the laundry room also.No litter blowing round everywher,electonic card entry to the site area,all the important stuff was 110%.

A few people on a review site i read about the site, complained about RAF Woodvale and the aircraft noise.Mostly the Police Helicoptor as its based ther ,but it never bothered us at all.

Hope ya have a good time Barry.I love that stretch of coastline.Its one of the best kept secrets i know.

BRIAN...

All you Ainsdale beach flyers

could one of you post a link to google maps or something similar (maybe a postcode) to show where at ainsdale you fly your revs

hoping to go up there next saturday and sunday and would hate to go to the wrong place and maybe miss some of you if youre there

can anyone tell me if you can park on the beach

Thanks to all of you

Hi BazzeB,we wont be ther this weekend or for the next five.We will be away at events and flyins,hols and stuff also.

PR8 2PZ, is the post code of pontins.its on a large round about with a pub on the opposite side.With Pontins on your left.Drive on the beech and turn left.We can usually be found a mile or so up the beech.Parking isnt a problem.

BRIAN...

Hi BazzeB,we wont be ther this weekend or for the next five.We will be away at events and flyins,hols and stuff also.

PR8 2PZ, is the post code of pontins.its on a large round about with a pub on the opposite side.With Pontins on your left.Drive on the beech and turn left.We can usually be found a mile or so up the beech.Parking isnt a problem.

BRIAN...

Hi Brian

sorry i wont get to meet you

We will be there sat sun and maybe mon morning

hopefully the weather will be nice-lets hope

all the best

Barry

Hi Brian

sorry i wont get to meet you

We will be there sat sun and maybe mon morning

hopefully the weather will be nice-lets hope

all the best

Barry

No probs,PITTY...

Hope the weather is good and the winds are sweet.IF NOT,,a few ideas 4 ya

If you travel out anywher[RAIN].Visit Crosby[Anthony Gormleys another place]and see the metal men.Its quite kewl to fly ther ,its a great spot.The views are kewl.Ferrys,speed cat,huge beech,lovely walk along the coast ther and some parks for a rest and pick niks.

Formby is nice and thers a squirrell wood for kids[if ya have um],good fun feeding um

Also thers some shipwreck history ther.Over 200 they claim.

Southport is nice to shop[awch,be carefull]and thers some good food and pubs

Marine lake is great to walk around and sail on,ski,ducks,and stuff.Thers a large amusement arcade ther,theater and uks smallest pub.The pub is like the tardiss,weird,but a point of intrest[to some]

The baths in Southport have just had a fortune spent on them,wave pool and real modern themes.

Royal Birkdale for golf,Hesketh park for the gardens and a row boat

The Botanical Gardens are also worth a look,ther just between Banks and Southport.

Have a goodn

BRIAN... ps,if ya can.Get up early and walk the coast and fly at Ainsdale,Zanadoo,Brigadoon,dont come close for my money

E N J O Y :sign_kitelife:

Hi Brian

we were up at ainsdale this weekend

sat sun and monday

rained sat - wind was a bit extreme sun - and lovely monday

was talking to mikes wife on sunday she was flying a quad line kite from aldi (broke it in the wind)

you have a great beach at ainsdale

all the best

Barry

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one of the quad lines from Lidl a few months back as a "warm up" for my revolution.

Not a particularly windy day but it went up... it went round and round.... it came down... it snapped...

Now being converted into ground stakes and wind direction indicators. Moral is you certainly get what you pay for.

Thank god i took the plunge and bought a proper kite!

• 4 weeks later...
If you see a Rev being flown badly on Minchinhampton Common, that'll be me. Give me time! After 20 years of 2 lines, I've just doubled my interest.

I've never seen a Rev up here before.

Welcome to the dark side. Baloo is quite near you, and we Hampshire mob sometimes go up to Barbury Castle which isn't a million miles away, if you were to want to meet up.

If you see a Rev being flown badly on Minchinhampton Common, that'll be me. Give me time! After 20 years of 2 lines, I've just doubled my interest.

I've never seen a Rev up here before.

As Jeremy pointed out I am about an Hour and a Half from you by my Autoroute.

Not sure when you fly, I dont have much time off at the weekends though.

Hopefully that is changing soon though.

Last time I flew near Michinhampton was at the Gatcombe Horse Trials while I was there for the event. Had a good couple of evening flights.

Any one up in the North East? I work away most of the time, but would love to come down to see some proper 4 line flying. I used to buggy a lot, bought a little dutch 4 liner:

http://www.depaddestoel.nl/product_info.ph...products_id=882

and and fun with that, hoping to get better and get Rev'd soon....

cheers!

Phil

Sedgefield, nr Durham

Hello mate and welcome to the darkside.

Thers a few guys up your neck of the woods fly revs.Try the nkf[Northeast kite flyers]web site.Phil Howden flys a rev and vince is a quad man.Ther into other stuff to.I was up at Sunderland kite festival this year and ther was a few guys and gals ther with revs.Mostly NKF.

Hope that helps ya mate.If you ever fancy a trip one weekend.We fly near southport.

BRIAN...

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like there's a bit of a 'scene' at Ainsdale - when d'you guys meet (is it too late in the year now?) - it's not out of the question for a day trip from Prestatyn.

Also, for the record i think Prestatyn Frrith Beach is a great place to fly - Sandy beach, long tides, prevailing westerly wind and 2 minutes from my house if anyone fancies a brew! Also, the sea defences and stone groins add some interesting obstacles - i like walking my rev up and down the steps on the sea defences and their's usually some standing water for more fun.

Marty

Hi Marty,im sure you would be most welcome up North :) .Last time we flew down at Ainsdlae ther was eight of us.Ive had a damb Chest Inection for three weeks and im bursting to get out,but im still a bit off so wont be ther for a a bit.

We will have to get a trip down your neck of the woods soon.Change would do us all good.I will have a chat with a few of the lads and get somat sorted.I think we all have Passports :devil:

Flown a few times just the other end of Landudno.Near the Great ORM.Loadsa of buggies and flexi wotsits.Just me with a proper kite that day.

New Brighton is a good spot and its a halfway point.The NKG[our club] have a flyin ther pritty soon.May be a chance to have a day out and chat with some other kite flyers mate.

Link..... http://www.nkg.org.uk/forum/

I will be intouch next few weeks,be good and keep flying and smileing Marty

BRIAN...

• 2 years later...

Eeek.....Did all REV flying in the UK come to a halt three years ago?

Certainly not - there are a number of places with active Rev communities besides those with lone fliers....

Hoping there might be some REV flyers in the West Midlands who can help me to learn to fly my new toy properly (and indeed to make sure I set it up properly).

There are one or two others on the forum in your neck of the woods. But if you can get to the Portsmouth Kite Festival over the bank holiday weekend, or Bristol the following weekend, I'm sure you'll find a number of Rev pilots who'd be happy to give you a hand.

Certainly not - there are a number of places with active Rev communities besides those with lone fliers....

There are one or two others on the forum in your neck of the woods. But if you can get to the Portsmouth Kite Festival over the bank holiday weekend, or Bristol the following weekend, I'm sure you'll find a number of Rev pilots who'd be happy to give you a hand.

I would be glad to hear about Brian and the NW Fliers though!

Felix

• 6 months later...

Finally got to use my REV for it's intended purpose.....It provided me and some friends up at EKS in Kempsey with a bit of light-wind entertainment when even our biggest and most efficient foils just wouldn't play:

EKS Website (with pictures of kiting fields)

The boss at EKS appears to be amenable to keeping a section of turf free of power-kites, buggies & boards if enough REV (or other stunt-kite) flyers are interested.....It would be great to have some REV pilots who actually know what they're doing around. ;)

FWIW & All the best

Andy S.