Dieppe France 2012

katrina

I'm looking at the US delegation, and feeling very VERY fortunate to be on the list. Good thing we have frequent flier miles saved up! I have promised (myself) to be (mostly) well behaved, as a representative of US kite fliers :kid_devlish::innocent: . But I don't know all the names... Any other rev fliers, from the US or elsewhere?? I am looking forward to flying with Stephen Hoath again! (Susan not going). The Hoaths and Lummas' gave me my first taste of team flying in 2010. And it took! :matrix: Other than that, I don't know any other rev fliers.

As excited as I am, I'm very sorry to miss all of you who will be at Antelope Island. I will see you there next year, I think! Enjoy.

[You know you're a kiter when... you go to France for the first time ever, and Paris is merely a stopover on your way to the big event. :blue_wink: That special hot chocolate I'm supposed to seek out? whoops, sorry. Museums? Yeah, maybe next time, when I'm retired. High fashion? I have some really nice sunglasses as part of my hat-sunglasses-sunscreen beach uniform, does that count? But sometimes I wear a lot of purple and orange at the same time. Oh no, I may get deported after just a few days. :blink: ]

oops, I think I did not understand everything

will there one or more of you to Dieppe between sept8 and 16? (in two weeks)

if so, when and who?

how can I recognize you?

I would like to meet you, one day.

:bye1: My husband and I will be there for the whole week, arriving Saturday. I'll be wearing a hat with pins, large sunglasses, and a scarf. How many people does that rule out, five or so?:pinch: 41 years old, 5'2" (1.6m), 120# (54kg). Dark brown hair, at the beach it's always in either 2 braids or 2 ponytails. Bright scarves. Purple jacket. All kites are purple pros, except full vent which is blue. Bright blue grips on handles.

Husband is Kelly Bruland, he makes and flies single lines. How to describe him...:g: Hat, sunglasses, age 43. How about find me, and I'll point him out. T, I haven't met the Millers yet, but Kelly knows them.

As excited as I am, I'm very sorry to miss all of you who will be at Antelope Island. I will see you there next year, I think! Enjoy.

[You know you're a kiter when... you go to France for the first time ever, and Paris is merely a stopover on your way to the big event. That special hot chocolate I'm supposed to seek out? whoops, sorry. Museums? Yeah, maybe next time, when I'm retired. High fashion? I have some really nice sunglasses as part of my hat-sunglasses-sunscreen beach uniform, does that count? But sometimes I wear a lot of purple and orange at the same time. Oh no, I may get deported after just a few days. ]

:lol::lol::D:D:lol::lol:

Wow.... You have the most amazing travel schedule this year... I've said it repeatedly.... I'm totally jealous! Have a fantastic time!

Sent via Android smartphone using Tapatalk2

bye1.gif My husband and I will be there for the whole week, arriving Saturday. I'll be wearing a hat with pins, large sunglasses, and a scarf. How many people does that rule out, five or so?smiley-pinch.gif 41 years old, 5'2" (1.6m), 120# (54kg). Dark brown hair, at the beach it's always in either 2 braids or 2 ponytails. Bright scarves. Purple jacket. All kites are purple pros, except full vent which is blue. Bright blue grips on handles.

Husband is Kelly Bruland, he makes and flies single lines. How to describe him...g.gif Hat, sunglasses, age 43. How about find me, and I'll point him out. T, I haven't met the Millers yet, but Kelly knows them.

ok smile.gif

i'm 44 old, mid-long hair brown curly (that is a hassle with the tailwind). maybe t-shirt like my avatar (Stickerman)

i'm with my wife (smaller than me (about size only...lol)) and my little girl (6 old, blond hairs, so cute with eyeglasses)

simply, show me pics of your kite, Katrina. you should be at the end of lines (theoretically)

you've seen mine, yes?

would be happy to meet you and your husband

Another way to identify Katrina is look for a line of Rev fliers. She'll have moved to the #1 position and be barking commands to everyone in line.kid_smartass.gif

-Alden

Hey Alden, I resemble that remark! :innocent::shifty::P

i43834444._szw234h175_.jpg

Seriously though, I know it's a thin line between not being heard and barking, still working on "barking with a smile."

Stephen, thanks, I know I'll meet everyone soon enough. I was just curious who else from the forum I might look forward to meeting. (Have learned daydream, btw.) :blue_smile:

Hey Alden, I resemble that remark! :innocent::shifty::P

i43834444._szw234h175_.jpg

Seriously though, I know it's a thin line between not being heard and barking, still working on "barking with a smile."

Stephen, thanks, I know I'll meet everyone soon enough. I was just curious who else from the forum I might look forward to meeting. (Have learned daydream, btw.) :blue_smile:

Yes, learned Daydream she has!!! But you need to find someone who will "cackle" to make the experience complete!! kid_devlish.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back, and I'll post stuff on fb soon. Henri, I think google translate gave you the word "bores," but you likely intended something like "bothers." ;):) Henri is a rev addict already! He worked so patiently on all the basic skills, even though we had really low winds on the days he came.

He made wonderful stickers for me!! An unexpected gift. They are large, the kind that can go on a car.

Just got back, and I'll post stuff on fb soon. Henri, I think google translate gave you the word "bores," but you likely intended something like "bothers." ;):) Henri is a rev addict already! He worked so patiently on all the basic skills, even though we had really low winds on the days he came.

He made wonderful stickers for me!! An unexpected gift. They are large, the kind that can go on a car.

Wonderful! Glad you are home safe and sound! It looked like it was a great trip, from pics I've seen so far. So glad you and Kelly got to go. Can't wait to see Henri's stickers :)