My first B PRO

ZERO1199

I am new to REV but I hear a lot of good thing about it. So I order B pro std, well my B pro came today it look nice but something was wrong. I Order the logo in red but what they send me was the white. Do you think rev would help me out to fix the problem?

Well like I said I am new to rev so I am looking for some help on learning how to fly this thing. The B pro I order came with the Race rod, I have 120ft, 80ft line, 1 13" and 1 15" Handles.

So what I am trying to say is is there anyone by me can help jump start my learning process?

My location Elgin Il 60120

Who did you order through?

I would start by calling the dealer and ask if they relayed the info (colors) correctly, if so I would give Revolution a call and speak to Ben or Lolly, they'll straighten it out for sure.

Welcome to the Revolution forum! Sorry you have a challenge with your first kite, although you are starting with a great kite in the B-Pro.

I agree with what everyone is saying - don't fly the kite until you have talked to Ben or Lolly at Revolution. Ben is out right now (on his way to a festival at Dieppe, Canada), so it may be a few days but you can try to reach Lolly at Revolution.

I see you are in Elgin, IL. There are a bunch of us "Revaholics" in Illinois and Wisconsin. Not everyone in IKE (see my signature below) is on this forum, so you may want to check out our forum as well (you can click the signature to get to IKE, then click the link for the forum). We get together several times a year (at a minimum) to fly kites. We have a club fly / retreat planned for the last weekend in September at the Indiana Dunes, and I know a bunch of us will be flying Revs for a couple days solid - and at several of the festivals in Wisconsin and Illinois between now and then. Flying with others really helps your learning curve if you are new to quad line flying. I'd be more than willing to lend you a Rev at a club fly or a festival to help with your learning curve until you can get your B-Pro situation resolved.

Hope to see you at a club fly or festival soon.

• Like 2

it's kinda hard not to want to fly this thing I have been waiting for over a month to get it.

If it is new and never flown, it will be easier to exchange it.

Once you fly it then you "might" have a problem exchanging it.

Get with the guys near you. They are willing to assist you in the learning curve.

Thanks everyone. now how about some help with flying?

For help with flying in the Chicago area, I suggest you register and post in the forums on www.ikeclub.org. Many of the members fly Revs, but not all of them are active on the Rev forums. All you have to do to be a member is sign up, no dues, just like here. Sign up, introduce yourself, and I'm sure you can meet up with other chicago metro area Rev flyers. As I mentioned above in my earlier post, I'd be willing to help you learn. However, this week I am out of town for work, and next week is WSIKF so I may be out of town then as well. If you can get to Busse Woods in Schaumburg or a few other places like Kankakee or on the lakefront, I know that somebody from IKE will be able to meet up to show you how to fly your Rev.

Another thought for you is to check out the festivals in the Chicago area. There are quite a few in September within a few hours drive, and I can guarantee some IKE members will be at most of them. There's a festivals link on the IKE site with more information. I won't be going to most of these myself due to my wife killing me for going to other festivals in addition to a trip to WSIKF, but they are a good place to meet other Rev pilots. Here's a short list of upcoming events within a few hours drive (or less) to you:

Two Rivers, WI fest Labor Day weekend. IKE rev pilots will be there.

Motts (Milwaukee) or Dekalb the next weekend. Motts will have IKE rev pilots for sure (I'll bet including Jynx). Not so sure about Dekalb.

Then a weekend without a festival (I think that's the 15th) - I'll be camping with the cub scouts that weekend.

The weekend after that is a festival in the Quad Cities, IA. - IKE rev pilots almost certainly.

The weekend after that is the IKE Retreat to the Indiana dunes. Guaranteed to have IKE Rev pilots (myself and about 8-9 others would be my guess)

If you want to meet up before then, post in IKE and somebody can likely meet you at some point (maybe even this weekend).

By the way, NICE LOOKING KITE!!!

Edited: There are a couple more festivals I forgot:

Weekend of August 24-25 - Lincoln IL - I think mostly a Ballooning festival, but a few Wisconsin Kite Club members & at least one Rev flyer will be going to this one. Haven't been myself.

Sept 15th weekend - Geneva IL. I probably will miss this one, so I don't know if any IKE members will be there.

Here's a link to our Kite Festivals page

Hi, Zero. Welcome to the dark side! I like the colors of your new rev and I personally think it wouldn't look as good with the red logo, of couse that's just my dumb opinion.

Definitely get on the IKE forum; just like the rev forum, it costs nothing but a bit of time to register and talk to the guys and gals who fly in this area. As you can see from my avatar area, I'm in Schaumburg. I do a lot of flying at Busse Woods (Ned Brown preserve) near the rc airplane field (north entrance off of Golf Rd). Huge field available for flying kites and usually better quality wind than elsewhere in the area because of the huge amount of open space.

Make an effort to get to any of the festivals coming up in September. There will be lots of experienced flyers to help flatten your learning curve.

• Like 1

if you don't mind next time you are out at Busse Woods lmk I like to meet upwith you.

I will try to make it out to some of the event for sure.

I will be available to fly this weekend, Saturday, Sunday, or both, but I have no transportation at this time. If you want to fly and can pick me up on the way, call me at 224-227-0638 and we'll fly.

post-4047-13449688486294_thumb.jpgpost-4047-13449688486294_thumb.jpgso I talk to REV today about the kite but I decided to keep this one. I don't wanna spend more time waiting, when I order the full vent in the spring I can have what I want. until then I just enjoy this 1

Hey ZERO1199, Welcome to the Dark Side. Just a suggestion, lots of people like for their Rev sets to match, so when flying, you always have the same visual picture in front of you. You may want to think about keeping that exact color scheme, so when you order your full-vent, it will match your standard sail (which incidentally, looks fantastic). And, before you know it, you will be ordering a mid-vent, and that will complete your B-Pro set..........(that is, if you decide not to get one of the XTRA vent versions) kid_content.gif

And again, your color scheme looks great, even if it wasn't exactly as you specified, originally..........blue_confused.gif

I will be available to fly this weekend, Saturday, Sunday, or both, but I have no transportation at this time. If you want to fly and can pick me up on the way, call me at 224-227-0638 and we'll fly.

hey ill give you a call when I figure what the wife want to do this weekend, anyhow I will give you a call soon I sure need a lotta help. anyhow I got a little time to fly today, here a picture of it up in the air

post-4047-13451456815214_thumb.jpg

Flew with Zero at Busse Woods yesterday. The kite is even more impressive in person than in pictures, and so is he. He made his own lines (sleeved) and made his own snagless handles with extensions. And he has really good control for someone with less than a couple of hours of experience. A "natural" newbie who'll be a great flyer in a very short time.