A big, public, heartfelt thank you

jburka

After a lovely weekend attending the 34th annual Wright Kite Festival at the

Wright Brothers National Memorial in Kill Devil Hills, I was barely on my way home

when the impeller in my car's water pump broke into three pieces, leaving my

car inoperable and me nearly three hundred miles from home.

Through the incredibly gracious help of fellow festival attendees and Rev flyers Jim Cosca and

Dennis Hawley and Deb Zack, who turned around on 158 to come back toward the OBX

and rescue me, I was able to get my car to a service station and then get back home

along with virtually all of my kiting gear so I wouldn't have to risk leaving it in

my car in North Carolina!

The service station was able to fix my car by mid-week, but I was still at a loss as to how

I was going to retrieve it, until Cath and Eliot Shook stepped in and offered to pick

me up at the Norfolk airport and drive me to the service station.

Ben talks a lot about the Family, and this is just another example of how kiters,

and especially Rev flyers, come through for each other. As Cath and I were walking

across the service station's parking lot, she asked, "Do you think Joe had any idea

what he was creating when he invented the Rev?" I don't see how he possibly could have.

So a big thank you to all of you who helped me over the past week or so. You made

my life a heck of a lot easier.

jeff

After a lovely weekend attending the 34th annual Wright Kite Festival at the

Wright Brothers National Memorial in Kill Devil Hills, I was barely on my way home

when the impeller in my car's water pump broke into three pieces, leaving my

car inoperable and me nearly three hundred miles from home.

Through the incredibly gracious help of fellow festival attendees and Rev flyers Jim Cosca and

Dennis Hawley and Deb Zack, who turned around on 158 to come back toward the OBX

and rescue me, I was able to get my car to a service station and then get back home

along with virtually all of my kiting gear so I wouldn't have to risk leaving it in

my car in North Carolina!

The service station was able to fix my car by mid-week, but I was still at a loss as to how

I was going to retrieve it, until Cath and Eliot Shook stepped in and offered to pick

me up at the Norfolk airport and drive me to the service station.

Ben talks a lot about the Family, and this is just another example of how kiters,

and especially Rev flyers, come through for each other. As Cath and I were walking

across the service station's parking lot, she asked, "Do you think Joe had any idea

what he was creating when he invented the Rev?" I don't see how he possibly could have.

So a big thank you to all of you who helped me over the past week or so. You made

my life a heck of a lot easier.

jeff

Jeff - Love ya' Friend/Family :kid_content: It's nice to be part of a family made up of people you're not related to!!! (ROFL)

Joe H. - you 'done good' ... Thanks!! (Wish you'd come back for another visit!)