Destination Suggestions

Pignbroke

Hi all, very new to the dark side, my question is.... i am planning next years main holiday and i was wondering from members if there was one festival or gathering for flyers in the USA that should not be missed where would it be and when is it, going to try and plan a 2 to 3 week trip for me and my good lady to get some decent flying time and also to see some local life.

Would welcome any suggestions :)

Brian (Pig)

WSIKF 2013 is worth planning ahead for!

In fact, I have my reservations for Aug 2013 already. Booked reservations from August 5th to August 26th. he he...21 days Yikes!

Theresa,

Would you have an apartment that could accommodate a Decs team?

Thanks

Felix

Pignbroke, WSIKF is the obvious choice partly because it is a whole week long. Actually more like 10 days, because lots of fliers come early. But there are other weekend festivals, do you want people to recommend those?

As for WSIKF, here's what you could do in the northwest besides fly kites in Long Beach: Seattle, Portland, San Juan Islands (+++), Olympic peninsula, Oregon beaches, Columbia River Gorge (Hood River, OR and the waterfall route), Mt. Rainier in WA. Plenty to do, and August is a fabulous time to be here.

Pignbroke, WSIKF is the obvious choice partly because it is a whole week long. Actually more like 10 days, because lots of fliers come early. But there are other weekend festivals, do you want people to recommend those?

As for WSIKF, here's what you could do in the northwest besides fly kites in Long Beach: Seattle, Portland, San Juan Islands (+++), Olympic peninsula, Oregon beaches, Columbia River Gorge (Hood River, OR and the waterfall route), Mt. Rainier in WA. Plenty to do, and August is a fabulous time to be here.

Great suggestions Katrina!

bye the way...CALL me! I have something for you!!

Hi all, very new to the dark side, my question is.... i am planning next years main holiday and i was wondering from members if there was one festival or gathering for flyers in the USA that should not be missed where would it be and when is it, going to try and plan a 2 to 3 week trip for me and my good lady to get some decent flying time and also to see some local life.

Would welcome any suggestions :)

Brian (Pig)

Hi Brian

A little closer to home for you is the week long event in Berck Plage next April.

This will be my third year there.

Great show and a good amount of Rev pilots there Dec,s Fusion Flying Squad and many more.

Take Care

Terry

Hi Brian

A little closer to home for you is the week long event in Berck Plage next April.

This will be my third year there.

Great show and a good amount of Rev pilots there Dec,s Fusion Flying Squad and many more.

Take Care

Terry

Hi Terry, looks good, as you are a veteran of this festival any tips on how to get there do you fly / drive? and any reccomendations on where to stay?

I like the look of this one for the early part of the year and then try a bit further later in the year.

Thanks

Brian (Pig)

Hi Terry, looks good, as you are a veteran of this festival any tips on how to get there do you fly / drive? and any reccomendations on where to stay?

I like the look of this one for the early part of the year and then try a bit further later in the year.

Thanks

Brian (Pig)

Hi Brian

Being from Aberdeenshire short arms and long pockets :kid_devlish:

We take our Motorhome the 1300 mile round trip and stay on the local aire.

Being a resort town there are loads of hotels b and b type places.

Nearer to the date there is a specific web site set up with links for all the resort.

Being only just over one hour from the tunnel it would be as easy for you to drive there if you wish.

I normally go for a Sunday arrive and leave on the next saturday am.

Hope this helps

Hope you are getting plenty of air time.

Terry

Six would be optimistic!

Felix

Well...I'm afraid everything was booked up and gone by July 17th! However....I have a 3 bedroom reserved for myself, Ben, and Geezer (Dave)for 2013. There is room for 5 more bodies....on two queen size beds and one couch....that is.....if Ben approves/agrees to share :kid_devlish: and if so...I'm sure with help, we could find a place somewhere for one more Dec to stay.

Hope this helps! Would be great to see you all here again!

Well...I'm afraid everything was booked up and gone by July 17th! However....I have a 3 bedroom reserved for myself, Ben, and Geezer (Dave)for 2013. There is room for 5 more bodies....on two queen size beds and one couch....that is.....if Ben approves/agrees to share :kid_devlish: and if so...I'm sure with help, we could find a place somewhere for one more Dec to stay.

Hope this helps! Would be great to see you all here again!

Hi Theresa,

Thanks very much for the information. I will take it to PM or e-mail.

The Decs will be at Portsmouth soon and we should be able to confirm our plans then.

Best wishes

Felix