Windscape Kite Festival 2013

bartman

Plans are already underway to make the 2013 Windscape the biggest ever. This year the event drew over 8000 people with just under half those in attendance coming from outside of Swift Current. The goal for 2013 is to reach the 10,000 mark! Windscape is not the little festival is once was only a short few years ago!

Why not attend? The organizers are always looking for flyers and if you are really good (and you know who you are) this could easily be a fully paid trip for your efforts. Visit the Windscape site and send in your information. It is NOT to early as they have already started booking flyers for next year.

Even if you feel you don't qualify for the big ticket (team Free Agents come to mind), all expenses paid, act the festival is still worth the trip. Many of the "celebrity" flyers (as they are known in the program here) are just your average, recreational pilots who can keep a kite in the air for the better part of the day and/or help others learn to fly, etc.. It is not unusual for the organizers to help out with gas money to get you here and other little perks.

The fact is, you need to send them an email and let them know what you can do and that you'd like to come to the festival. Act early!

An added bonus is my annual BBQ for my Rev flying friends the Saturday after the festival officially ends for the day. If you ever needed one more reason to come this is it! A relaxing evening just to kick back and enjoy some food, drink and good conversation.

Here is the audio clip from the presentation to city council after the festival and here is the Windscape web site where you can find additional information and a link to apply for the event.

The dates next year are June 22 and 23. Yes, it overlaps with Lincoln City's festival but give Windscape a try. Something new if you've never been here before.

Bart

P.S. What team from England wants to fess up about coming for 2013? Listen to the audio!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you know we are in. Let's see how the event comes together. We loved this years.

Mark

And that's even with a full day of extra arm stretching in that Sunday hurricane that was blowing!

Send an email to Shann. See what shakes out for a big bash in 2013!

Bart

• 2 weeks later...

oooooh, 2013, maybe this will be the year for us. I can offer you one quad liner and one single liner kiter maker. hmmm. And a rather small (will be) 9 year old rev flier who thinks she is hot shkid_devlish.gif .

Hey Ms. Free Agent - Want another quad liner for some team flying? . . . . and/or for messing with the kids in the crowd on short lines (I blame Rich for my bad habits)? Or maybe two rev pilots - I can offer an 11 year old rev pilot who has figured out that he is not the hot s*** he thought he was at 9.

. . . if transportation can be arranged . . . . maybe I will email as well . . . if Katrina is willing to accept another Free Agent . . .

Hey Steve, I just now came across this! (ie I wasn't leaving you hanging) That would be great!! We could be the Secret Agents, a special division of TFA. So VERY sorry you couldn't make wsikf this year. See you at KP. Bart is much missed as well.