WSIKF 2012 (REV FIELD)

KiteLife

It's shaping up to be one *{:content:}amp;#@ of a week, I cannot wait to be on the beach at WSIKF and out of email range. Save a little bit of sand for me, I'm coming!!!

Bri, when are you planning to arrive so I can start looking for you on Rev field to start practicing?

Out of email range? Maybe, but just being at the beach says that you don't have to reply even if your phone gets the message. Hey, it's a week of sand, flying kites with friends and fun. Emails can wait until next week.:lol:

We're heading up tomorrow, not sure exactly what time we'll get there. At the very latest we'll be on the beach Monday morning (if we can hold out that long).

Fortunately, I don't have a smart phone, so I'm safe on the beach! They're just going to have to wait. This week is all about relaxing and hanging out with my rev family. Can't wait to see you guys and gals!

Bri

Wind prediction for Mon about the same as yesterday and today (Sun) - LITE :wacko:. Sun bright and hot today. I plan on drifting down (from Ocean Park) in the early afternoon - hopefully the wind will pick up a little. High tide at about 5PM.

So.. who's here tomorrow? (Bri and Brett and...?) See yah. :P

. . . and I'm very sad to report that I won't be making it to WSIKF this year. Too much work, too little time to get it done, and for a variety of reasons it would be very bad for me to disappear from work this week. I'll try to make the 25th anniversary next year. Hope everyone is having a GREAT time.

Hi all,

My name is Robert. I was on the beach today and watched some incredible rev pilots today. I have wanted a rev for years, well today I pulled the trigger and bought one. lm excited to get out there tomorrow and learn how to fly. Is there a clinic this week ill be able to get some instruction?

Sorry you won't be here with us Steve, we'll miss you!

Robert, welcome to the family! :) While there is no formal clinic scheduled, there will be plenty of people on the beach and I'm pretty certain any of them would be happy to help you get set up and started on flying your new kite! Come to Field B today and we'll get you set up. I'd be happy to help you, just find someone with a rev and ask them to point you in my direction. See you soon!

Bri

• Like 1

@Steve, I'm sure I'm not half as sorry as you are, but I am SO sorry you can't make it after all. You will be missed.

@Robert, welcome, you did brilliantly your first day out!!

@everybody, FYI looks like field B is not ours for much of today. Gparents fly 10-12 field b, "fly your r w and b all day everywhere including field b after 12:00," rok battle 4pm field b. Our official champions practice is today (and tomorrow) 12-3pm. I'll bet we'll be fine on field b during that time, as long as there's not a lot of overflow...

The mob flashed. :o:P:D

Wind very marginal - what a great job everyone did! :rev_clockwork:

For everyone on the field - HIP..HIP..HURRAH!

:rainbowwave:

For everyone supporting us from the sidelines - HIP..HIP..HURRAH!

For JB, and especially Brett and Bri Howard, profound thanks for organizing and pulling us through. :king:

And the experience and patience of all the team leaders who pulled us together... :big_band:

WHEW!

The mob flashed. :o:P:D

Wind very marginal - what a great job everyone did! :rev_clockwork:

For everyone on the field - HIP..HIP..HURRAH!

For everyone supporting us from the sidelines - HIP..HIP..HURRAH!

For JB, and especially Brett and Bri Howard, profound thanks for organizing and pulling us through. :king:

And the experience and patience of all the team leaders who pulled us together... :big_band:

WHEW!

Encore!