WSIKF 2012 (REV FIELD)

KiteLife

The nice thing is that we have at least 21 people who already know this routine, and are capable of working with others if they feel inspired to do so. I think it is feasible to have a few teams up and running.

Oooooohhhhhhh........can I play too????!!!!!!!blue_music.gif

• Like 1

I will second the rev sticks, it will help IMMENSELY with learning the routine. I really recommend FMRS/GMRS radio with a headset. Only callers need transmit capabilities, and having one with a bug in your ear will make flying in team much easier. Brett had a setup where he played the music in his transmission while he called, made it easy to get the key points of the routine timed to the music.

Good Job Bri!!!! I will be there all week to help anyone with the routine, or even getting started flying along side others.

And if anyone needs a kite stake............ :sign_kitelife:

Thanks for the clarification on the radios Walt, I kinda glossed over a few facts, didn't I? :)

A few notes about radios:

Brett, Katrina and I have GXT 1000 radios for calling, but they may be a little larger/more expensive than people want to handle. They will accept standard 3.5mm headphones (but mono only) for those just in receive. It's nice to be able to use something more comfortable than what they give you sometimes.

Motorola radios require a specific headset but are otherwise great radios.

The Midland LXT models are also good choices and they're only around $20-30/pair and take normal headphones (mono only again)

There are a ton of other brands/models out there, we've just barely scratched the surface. Find something you like, can afford and will do FRS channels and you'll be fine!

There's also some good information in the forums:

My linkhttp://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/3782-lets-talk-about-radios/page__st__20__p__88289__hl__radio__fromsearch__1entry88289

Please note that I'm not a radio expert, I'm just pulling from the forum and a discussion we had before the team clinic. I'm sure Brett will have his fancy circuit with him so anyone on channel can hear the music as well as his calls.

Bri

• Like 1

Is is still a flash mob if we have scheduled practice sessions? :P

I'll be there from Friday sometime - while I wasn't at the boot camp, like the rest of the family I am happy to help people with skills. I'm not the best, but I've managed some team flying and seem to be able to keep the kite from crashing so I'll do what I can to help.

For anyone reading this who thinks they're not ready - without fail I find that anyone who thinks this is more ready than they think they are. Get your :censored: into the middle of a line and you will be surprised by both what you can do as well as how much you progress ... don't hold yourself back.

@Walt

While I can't recommend your stakes enough, they sure are pretty and addictive ... talk like that will just cost us money ;)

Is is still a flash mob if we have scheduled practice sessions? :P

I'll be there from Friday sometime - while I wasn't at the boot camp, like the rest of the family I am happy to help people with skills. I'm not the best, but I've managed some team flying and seem to be able to keep the kite from crashing so I'll do what I can to help.

For anyone reading this who thinks they're not ready - without fail I find that anyone who thinks this is more ready than they think they are. Get your :censored: into the middle of a line and you will be surprised by both what you can do as well as how much you progress ... don't hold yourself back.

@Walt

While I can't recommend your stakes enough, they sure are pretty and addictive ... talk like that will just cost us money ;)

What, you think those people playing a concerto on the subway or dancing in a train station didn't practice? :)

And I second your sentiments on "not being ready." Anyone who is trying hard enough to worry about it will probably be just fine. And really, what happens if we crash? Some tangled lines? No biggie. Come on in, the water's fine!

Who's ready for some full contact, WWE style flying?? kid_devlish.gif HAHA!! No blood, no tears, just tangles that can be undone!! Get on a line!!!! Nobody bites!! Hard anyway!! kid_devlish.gif Join in, the fun awaits!!laugh.gif

PS: If I can do it, I ain't listening to a lot of excuses coming from the peanut gallery!! kid_smartass.gif

Nothing formulated yet Felix, but especially with 2013 being Revolution's 25th anniversary... Why not do something epic? blue_cool.gif

One way or another, I'd say it's safe for folks to start pre-planning their travel to Long Beach.

100 Kites makes sense.. Quad lines x 25yrs.... Just sayin.. Any number would work, but 100 would have special meaning, at least to some of us nerds that know...

sign_kitelife.gif

100 Kites makes sense.. Quad lines x 25yrs.... Just sayin.. Any number would work, but 100 would have special meaning, at least to some of us nerds that know...

There are some numbers that are more interesting but since 1993 when I suggested the possibility 100 has been the focus...

Felix

Dear Mr. Quaa,

Depends. Have you sent an honest summary of your abilities to Bri? :kid_devlish:

Cordially yours,

Katrina :P

Katrina-

You better be more specific with rich or he will share abilities that we all don't want to know about. . . .

I am hoping I can make it as well. . . .

Katrina-

You better be more specific with rich or he will share abilities that we all don't want to know about. . . .

I am hoping I can make it as well. . . .

:blink::lol: Luckily Rich took the high road. Hope you can come Steve!

Thanks to Bri for coordinating this deal. She's perfect for the job. For the record, I wasn't meaning to give HER a hard time about the abilities assessment thing, just Rich.:) I agree, it is funny how if someone says they're not ready, they usually ARE. Translation, "I'm ready, but I don't want to mess everyone up," or, "I'm ready, but I'm scared :censored:less. Those that really aren't ready don't say they aren't ready. They say they're still working on hovers, or flying in straight-ish lines, something like that. So if you really don't want to be prodded into the line at WSIKF, choose your words carefully!:kid_content: But if you're reading this thread...you KNOW you want to be in on it.

• Like 1

That Rich guy is an OK flyer and he even passed the Island Quad admission trial with an A++ :kid_devlish::kid_smartass:

Cheers

Mario

Oh, that guy is a flyer, but I'm not sure he is OK (in the head). Just kidding Rich! Actually I think he is way more balanced than me. He has his priorities right - I am pretty sure he had this one booked sometime around kpx or earlier.

BTW Katrina, I don't think I am ready to fly in the line yet because I am the new guy after all... . .

Oh, that guy is a flyer, but I'm not sure he is OK (in the head). Just kidding Rich! Actually I think he is way more balanced than me. He has his priorities right - I am pretty sure he had this one booked sometime around kpx or earlier.

BTW Katrina, I don't think I am ready to fly in the line yet because I am the new guy after all... . .

Let's get it right.......

I had Wsikf 2012 planned the day Wsikf 2011 ended and for that matter already have 2013 in the books as well!!!!!!

For lack of a better way to put it..........I'll happily flail next to anybody that will put up with standing next to me!!!!!blue_music.gif

For those wondering abt Island Quad's test.......you just have to laugh as much on line as those jamokes do!

How did anybody else learn?? You got basic control down? Everybody starts at square one when first on a line, but it doesn't take long to get used to it!! kid_devlish.gif Quit with the excuses and join in!!smiley-devil.gif

How did anybody else learn?? You got basic control down? Everybody starts at square one when first on a line, but it doesn't take long to get used to it!! kid_devlish.gif Quit with the excuses and join in!!smiley-devil.gif

Wayne .. . I'm joking! If I make it, I'll be flying in the lines ALL WEEK. You won't be able to get me out of the lines . . . . unless I decide to mess around on short line sets for a bit of a change. Last year I was hesitant to join in, this year (if I make it to WSIKF) I'll be up for team flying non-stop.

The problem I have is that I've learned from Rich . . . which is to say that I like standing in the line and flailing about when I'm supposed to be "good" and follow the leader. Slack lines = fun (a lot of the time).

Well even though I'm suffering with flu I was out flying today, and if I fly like i did today all i can say is I hope you're ready for some awesome flying.

Bring your A-game and push me as hard as you can, I'm coming to be tested, pushed and have fun.

Well even though I'm suffering with flu I was out flying today, and if I fly like i did today all i can say is I hope you're ready for some awesome flying.

Bring your A-game and push me as hard as you can, I'm coming to be tested, pushed and have fun.

Musta been that flu-influenced mind at work!! kid_devlish.gif Can't wait til WSIKF!!

Wayne .. . I'm joking! If I make it, I'll be flying in the lines ALL WEEK. You won't be able to get me out of the lines . . . . unless I decide to mess around on short line sets for a bit of a change. Last year I was hesitant to join in, this year (if I make it to WSIKF) I'll be up for team flying non-stop.

The problem I have is that I've learned from Rich . . . which is to say that I like standing in the line and flailing about when I'm supposed to be "good" and follow the leader. Slack lines = fun (a lot of the time).

Sorry - didn't mean to come off harsh or mean- spirited!! smiley-blushing.gif Just after my own experience, know that many underestimate their skills and that keeps them from joining in on the fun!! kid_smartass.gif See you there!!kid_content.gif

Just touching base folks, as there was a WSIKF competition schedule on their website that had the NWSKL using field B quite a bit on Fri/Sat/Sun...

I have confirmed, they are running almost all of of their precision events on field C. No worries! :)