Talk me about your Supersonic/Shockwave

Oxygenz

Question

If you can share some thought about your Supersonic or Shockwave i'll appreciate.

I've readed about them here and on kitelife, looked at some videos but hardly can make my mind between those two... i don't think i'll ended up with 2 of the speed series so i want to choose wisely.

Supersonic: less pull, but how much? Vented option that i think it's cool. More controlable than the SW?

Shockwave: maybe to much pull??? Prettier than the SS!!

Thanks!!

6 answers to this question

I would rate the difference in pull between the two nearly negligible. The difference in speed is almost negligible. The difference in performance is noticeable, but not great. Either of the two will please you very much if you want speed and the ability to do things the 1.5 or 2 can not do with the same ease. (I read your input in the B2 thread).

In the vented models both will need more wind to stay airborne without too much effort. This is something you should consider depending on the prevailing winds in your area.

In the end, the one which looks better to you will thrill you more.

• Like 1

Thanks for your inputs makatakam (your nick readed the same left-right right-left... searched for the definition of this kind of words on the net, it's called a palindrome)

Thinking more about that today and i'll choose the Supersonic vented. I want something vented since those speed kites crave for higher winds and i can access big wind beside a big river here and vented seems to make thing easier.

No need for more input, i make my mind but if someone want to share his/her supersonic/shockwave experience, it can be great!

And looking more at them on photos and videos(black-gold), i think they are the kites who look the most Darksided :matrix: and classy at the same time... at first look i don't like their look but on videos they look great!! Surely greater in person!

So my second rev will be a Gold-Black Batkite...

of all the speed series kites I like the supersonic the best, smallest, lightning fast, little pull (so you can use longer handles comfortably) and you can fly it slow with practice, but you can't get it to come back to you in a "catch". It prefers to seek the wind from overhead with all four lines slack, heading to an edge corner while slowly curving around to face downwind again,... all by itself!

Run a "trick line" all the way around the edge so it's less likely to snag a knot when you are flicking it inside out. (see Blast photo as a reference) The supersonic does this trick as fast as you hands can impact the sail. WAY cool. You'll be doing "drilling action" balanced on one wing tip, or flipping it in quarter turns timed to your music. Most dramatic of all the dive stops, a killer side slide that looks like you've been doing it for decades. Twitchy? You bet and that's the joy of flying it precisely. Man up, practice the precision figures after shaking out the dust with flailing action.

You'll love the vented one, but will need some fairly decent, steady (dare I say BIG?) wind before it scares you.

post-92-13436445022057_thumb.jpg