Talk me about your B2!

Oxygenz

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm having really great time with my only one kite, a Rev-B mid-vent.

I,m looking forward to add a second kite, to make a little different feeling and also to make friends fly with me and getting hooked... my father already have great time with my kite, i can feel the force within him...

One thing, i want is to add some speed, is the B2' really faster or just a little faster? I think about a supersonic and shockwave too.

I just want to read your words and experience with the B2.

Thanks!!

18 answers to this question

Hi everyone,

I,m looking forward to add a second kite, to make a little different feeling and also to make friends fly with me and getting hooked... my father already have great time with my kite, i can feel the force within him...

One thing, i want is to add some speed, is the B2' really faster or just a little faster? I think about a supersonic and shockwave too.

Thanks!!

Only my 2 cents but the B-2 is fast yet is able to retain more of the things that make me fly

Revs then add short lines and you can even have more fun, not saying that the "Speed Series"

is not fun this for me is just loads of fun and a great bang for the buck..... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Hi everyone,

Thanks!!

If it's pure speed you are looking for, then the Supersonic is what the doctor ordered. I've flown mine in winds up to 25 mph and it's a gas. Does everything your 1.5 does and a few things better, like flic-flacs and axels, but because of its speed it is good to have plenty of experience before you fly it.

Love my B2 for solo fun flying. It's a trick monster of note. Think of it as a faster and lighter feeling 1.5... My go to gust busting kites. I fly it on short lines and 1.5 handles.

For Speed I have a Blast, but that's a totally different feel, nothing like a 1.5 at all. Got a bit of power but not too much, for power I have the Blast 2-4.

The B2 sees more flight time than my Blast, power blast and Zen combined. Even though I'm a dedicated 1.5 guy, the B2 is what I go for when I want something different.

We have 1.5's, a 1, a B2 and a supersonic and each has their place. Any time my husband needs a little dose of speed, he switches over to the B2 and zips around the sky with reckless abandon. The first time I flew the supersonic I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes. It was just so fast and so much fun I could hardly believe it. It could have something to do with the 20 mph winds, but it was a total departure from what I'd become used to in the 1.5's. Be prepared to be surprised if you get this kite.

The supersonic is probably too much kite for a beginner to handle, but if you want to fly it you'll have a great time! For raw beginners, we put them on the 1.5 SLE or the 1. The slower pace makes it easier for them to get a feel for how the kite reacts to control inputs. The one time someone new grabbed the handles of the B2, they were quickly frustrated by the twitchiness.

Supersonic is the fastest, hands-down but there is a big loss in precision - it's a totally different style, favoring fast flight, hard stops, brilliant and sudden sides, off wind glides and other interesting oddities.

The B2 is definitely much faster than the 1.5 B when compared STD vs STD, MID vs MID, VTD vs VTD...

It's also much more sensitive (smaller kite - smaller inputs), making it a bit more "wild and exciting" than its 1.5 brother.

You can see it really gets zipping when the wind is up. :)

I've kind of come to look at my B2 like a boxer's speedbag, so the 1.5 feels even easier. <grin>

But from point A to B, the Supersonic will win any day!

2 cents delivered.

Check out the YouTube clip of the B2 Release. JB tears it up at the beach making it look like child's play! Very quick and nimble. Like they say, a sports car Rev.

On the other hand, the Supersonic looks fast just standing still!

Just get both!!!

You know you want to...............

G'day, my name's Rob and I'm a Revoholic. Help yourself to what's in my bag.

• Like 2

Thanks all for your input!... just some words from others can make ideas clearer.

On long term i know that this story will end with a bag full of kites...

The B2 seems to be really great!!!!!!!... but maybe, as my second kite, the Supersonic-vented will be the chosen one. Just to make different and carve the sky at full speed.

Thanks for the videos, already seen all of them ;)

But i hesitate with the Shockwave too, look prettier than the almost all black SS. But all black can have a bat/bird look, maybe my eyes will find it cool.

Wish you great winds!

If you haven't put an order in, yet....

I had a solid 2 hrs on my B2 Std on 120's and man that kite will make you smile. The winds were good, about 25 to 30 kmh which is the upper limit of the 3 wrap frame. Talk about a pocket rocket!

The other thing with a B2 over the speed series is you could train it with your B Mid and have 2/3 of a progressive stack.

Just saying.

Rob.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

i was lucky enough to get a b2 as a gift and absoloutly love it in low wind and high wind when its 3mph i fly on 30lb 40 ft lines and its great flic flaks and axles are a breese and in high 25mph its a blast its my go to rev right now and i have everyone made sonic and shockwave are different animals i can float those when i want and man they do incredible dive stops and side slides so fast love them all they only one i want is a vented blast

Can anyone make a recommendation on which 2 of the B2s I should get? To start with of course ;)

Um, well, I'll be getting the std sail for sure.

Can anyone make a recommendation for the OTHER B2 I should buy? I can't decide, Mid-Vent or Full Vent..... The wind ranges are already so broadly represented.

The B2 (std sail with Black Race Rods) has quickly become my absolute favorite kite in the bag(s). Flying the the B2, in any wind, especially on the regular 1.5 B-series handles (13" I think), makes the 1.5's feel almost slow, and so easy to control/handle. I revert back to the dual line days, and I remember that I used to tell people (newbies) that were just learning to fly, "if you can ever learn to control a Prism Micron, in 10-15+ mph winds, then you will be able to fly anything". Well, I kind of feel the same way about the B2. If you can master that, in 10 - 15+ mph winds, the 1.5 series will be a "piece of cake", from then on, IMHO, but that's just my 2 cents............Again, the B2 is really, a very "kool kite". I probably should add, that I'm not really into "tricking", per say, but I do love to cruise, and cruise "FAST", preferably over the surf...........cool.gif

Can anyone make a recommendation on which 2 of the B2s I should get? To start with of course ;)

Um, well, I'll be getting the std sail for sure.

Can anyone make a recommendation for the OTHER B2 I should buy? I can't decide, Mid-Vent or Full Vent..... The wind ranges are already so broadly represented.

Just get the Std sail, have a whole heap of fun. Save up and get the Mid AND Vtd. Get some train lines too. You'll want to stack those bad boys.

Or

If you really can't decide, get the Mid and Vtd, and I can look after it for you with my Std. Visit anytime!

Seriously, I really can't say which to pair with the Std. I just found out yesterday that a vented B2 is slower than the Std. Makes sense now as less sail to develop pressure in. You'll be happy no matter what you get as they really are a great little rocket to fly.

Rob.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

I have the standard and the Vented ... the wind range is so broad you can skip the mid if you only want two. :blue-cool:

If you feel the need to ensure you have the best sail available to match the conditions then you may need the mid - or you may just want a slower standard.

Personally, I don't find them as fast as everyone makes them out to be - I love the speed actually.

Hmmmmm.......

Well, that settles it. Since I'm not interested in slowing a B2 down - I'm interested in vented B2s only in regards to overall product longevity - I'll get the Mid-Vent and the Std and be done with it. Um, till I get the Full-Vent too, after paying down the 'card.....

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I have only full sail old Rev IIs (solid color), and a mid-vent B2 (beside my stable of 1.5s).

Personally, I would not want to slow the mid-vent B2 any further - IOW, I'm not "jonesing" for a full vent B2. If I want slower and/or more precision, I'll use a 1.5 full vent.

The mid-vent is a real kick to fly in winds upward to 20+(!) MPH, on 50 lb 80 ft lines. Under those conditions, it is light, very responsive, and considerably faster than a 1.5 of any type, in my experience. It can get frolicky and jump out of control easily, if you don't stay on it. Pretty much like the full sail Rev II in lighter winds, I'm sure.

Precision surprised me - quite good, but not like a 1.5. E.g. I managed ragged cartwheels with the B2 before I managed them with a 1.5.

Compared to the older full sail Rev IIs, it is more controllable and takes a higher wind.

I like the comparison to the Micron - they are all great for response training, as well as being fun without being exhausting like a power kite.

• Like 1