Dunstable Downs Kite Festival Mega Fly 2012

oapbillf

If you can keep your head whilst all those around you are losing theirs, you're looking at the wrong kite!

I had a couple of moments in the mega team when i was flying someone elses kites, but you did a great job. I'm always impressed at the way the mega team fliers work together to make sure everyone enjoys and gets fully involved in the mega team. It really was a mega TEAM.

Thanks all for a great job.

• Like 2

I have flown with some of "The Team With No Name" for about 5 minutes maximum air time even then I managed to wipe them out a few times!

I tried to follow the advise of "Fly your own kite" and ignore the rest, I found this worked pretty good, well most of the time until I collided with somebody! Twice! Sorry!

It would be useful if somebody had a video so that I could analyse where I went wrong, I need more air time

to practice the basics but I am determined to get there even at my age (old dog, new tricks, not easy)!

With our wet summer it seems that the flying fields are wetter that the beach with the tide in!

Bill

I figured out the cure confused_1.gif, I just drink heavily before I go out......kid_brooding.gifOpp's sorry that is not

the cure that's my other life, what has worked for me is just learning to relax and to listen

to the caller, plus when I come to the line J.B. puts me between him and Steve and they

sort of talk me through it......blue_cool.gifWhich brings up another point and this is just my 2 cents,

the caller is so very important, I have to have a J.B. calling otherwise I end up WAY outside

the lines....... Heck maybe I'm just damaged cause I just love making a mess........kid_devlish.gifPlus

to be honest I'm not a very good flier for team stuff, something about the voices in my head...wacko.gifMy biggest advise I have is have fun with it and just enjoy..... Ben blue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

• Like 1

<snip>

I'm always impressed at the way the mega team fliers work together to make sure everyone enjoys and gets fully involved in the mega team. It really was a mega TEAM.

<snip>

That is one aspect that I have been particularly aware of since our first efforts in 2008. The will to succeed as a team is quite potent and in my view very special indeed...

<grins>

Felix

• 2 months later...

Thank you Bob, for your patience and effort and thanks also to Andy, Graham and Keith!

I must admit that I was dead tired out when I got home but it was well worth it!

Note to self:- Double check knots on leaders!smiley-blushing.gif

Bill ( Getting older but getting better)