Lookin for an HQ Quad Flying Piggy

jimfielder

Still L :blue-cool: :blue-cool: KING!!!! :wub:

Trying to locate an HQ Quad Flying Pig. Surely someone had buried deep in their Rev bag and never flys it.

They drive/fly like a pig on ice. No precision just grunting and grunting their way down your local kite field.

Looking to do a bit of team pig herding, complete with a refueling move we're calling Makin Bacon.

Let me up know what ya got!

Trying to locate an HQ Quad Flying Pig. Surely someone had buried deep in their Rev bag and never flys it.

They drive/fly like a pig on ice. No precision just grunting and grunting their way down your local kite field.

Looking to do a bit of team pig herding, complete with a refueling move we're calling Makin Bacon.

Let me up know what ya got!

Their is one here: http://www.gwtwforum...hp?topic=7914.0

We have a new team move for these called Makin Bacon! :devil: :devil: :devil:

But we can't do it with just one, ya gotta have 2. . . anybody lend a hand, errr Pig! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

They seem to have become rather rare.

You might try making a copy.

The designer "Jan H??? " at one time, he worked for the kite shop in Vienna, Austria.

They seem to have become rather rare.

You might try making a copy.

The designer "Jan H??? " at one time, he worked for the kite shop in Vienna, Austria.

I think there would be too much experimentation to making one, I'll hold out the possibility of the real thing.

The designer was Jan Houtermann.

To make a copy would require that I had intimate knowledge of the original and I don't. Plus - I don't copy! :blue-sleepy:

Jim

• 3 years later...

Hi Jim,

I know it's been a long time, but if you're still looking, Manni from kites4you in the UK has one left. I bought the other one of his last two two weeks ago - love my new piggy!

http://www.kites4you.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p132.html

Also, Jan Houtermans (is how it's actually spelt) actually released the plans himself on the Kite Plan Base - slightly different from the HQ production version, but actually his original. It seems to be a pretty tolerant of variation and doesn't need the same precision in the making as some other kites - I saw photos of a whole herd of differently shaped pigs fly in Austria. The instructions are in german. If you can't find a german speaker near you, let me know and I'll translate.

http://www.kiteplans.org/planos/saubau/saubau.html

Don't give up hope! You might still bring home the bacon! laugh.png