Another True Hero

beach

For anyone that does not know I support our troops and believe that they are all hero's,

each day they pay the price for my way of life and I am thankful..... The price of freedom

is not free and these boys and girls pay for it with there sweat and blood each day, thank

you all for your service...... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

post-35-13421067097847_thumb.jpg

post-35-13421067263133_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I find many things inspiring. To carry on in the same sort of line, and I know this will not only apply to the UK and USA, there are many other Countries who are equally proud, even I am sure some of the ones we might have been in conflict with.

A lot of you will know that I work for Land Rover teaching off road driving. There is an organisation in the UK called Help the Hero's, well Land Rover and Help the Hero's got together and put on a Day for injured ex servicmen.

It was an awesome time, there were a group of folks with them that help them in Day to Day living and they were in tears, I am welling up even now typing this. They said it was the first time they had seen some of the traumatised ex servicemen smile since their injuries.

It was fantastic, there were a few who had poor or no sight at all, and with a bit of coaching from us they were driving round our off road tracks better than sighted folks. There was one chap, no eyes, and no legs, only the use of one arm. We got a Range Rover Sport and put hand controls in it, he drove round easy as you like, his Dad was in tears, when we asked why he said he never thought he would see his son drive ever again. The guy and the instructor almost fell out of the car laughing at one stage, the instructor had said "put your foot on the brake" to which he replied "I can't my feet are in the back of my Dad's car"

It was a FANTASTIC Day, most of us gift aided out Days wages to the charity.

I find many things inspiring. To carry on in the same sort of line, and I know this will not only apply to the UK and USA, there are many other Countries who are equally proud, even I am sure some of the ones we might have been in conflict with.

A lot of you will know that I work for Land Rover teaching off road driving. There is an organisation in the UK called Help the Hero's, well Land Rover and Help the Hero's got together and put on a Day for injured ex servicmen.

It was an awesome time, there were a group of folks with them that help them in Day to Day living and they were in tears, I am welling up even now typing this. They said it was the first time they had seen some of the traumatised ex servicemen smile since their injuries.

It was fantastic, there were a few who had poor or no sight at all, and with a bit of coaching from us they were driving round our off road tracks better than sighted folks. There was one chap, no eyes, and no legs, only the use of one arm. We got a Range Rover Sport and put hand controls in it, he drove round easy as you like, his Dad was in tears, when we asked why he said he never thought he would see his son drive ever again. The guy and the instructor almost fell out of the car laughing at one stage, the instructor had said "put your foot on the brake" to which he replied "I can't my feet are in the back of my Dad's car"

It was a FANTASTIC Day, most of us gift aided out Days wages to the charity.

What a great story and what a great company, it makes my heart proud when I hear things

like this, you know it does'nt really matter what the country is, when our servicemen come

home they deserve nothing but the very best from that country..... They risked it all and in

some cases paid the ultimate price, God bless our troops and bring them home.....Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

(just my two cents)

post-35-13422122095571_thumb.jpg

Rock n roll Ben.

And ditto your God Bless.

Baloo and Ben,

Thanks Gentlemen, from the mom of a US Soldier. Yep, what more can I say - teary eyes and all!

... and yes it is young Shook flying his RWB mesh made by dad, Eliot ... somewhere in the Mohave desert in training.

Last 2 times he was deployed, we held back sending him kites for something to do during down time. Apparently we were silly! He now has his rev bag with dualies knocked down and stowed with his revs :)

BTW, Happy Bastille Day!