KiteOberFest 10/20-21 Treasure Island Beach

kellykelly

Oct- 20-21

Join us for a fun filled weekend of flying kites on Treasure Island Beach! We will be celebrating Kiting Tampa Bay's 1 year anniversary. And raising money for the Children's Cancer Center of Tampa

It's been a fun year of fly kites with new and old friends. Help us fill the sky with Rev's, Single lines, Sports kites, fighter kites, KAP.

Special guests- Robert Brasington, Ben Dantonio, Steve DeRooy, Bazzer Poulter, Kurtis Jones, Quad Squad Gary and Maggie Engval and many more!!!

Friday Night Festival Kick off party/ Night fly Thunderbird Tiki Bar next to the pool. 7:00pm

Saturday Night we will be having a Kite Auction as part of our celebration above the Thunder Bird at 7:30

A portion of the money we raise will go to the Children’s Cancer Center. “Kids should fly kites not fighting cancer"

We hope you will come and join us on our wide beaches with on shore winds, endless blue skies and don't forget our beautiful sunsets.

Windworks will have a kite shop on the beach for all your kiting needs. And Lots of Rev's!!

http://www.floridawindworks.com/

The Thunderbird Beach Resort is offering discount rooms for our KiteOberFest Oct-20-21. Mention the Kite festival and you will get a discount on your room!! Big thank you to the Thunder Bird! - 1-800-FOR-BIRD

http://www.thunderbirdflorida.com/

hopeing to be there feeling better after 6 weeks kemo

steve

Love to have you guys on board.. Glad your Feeling better Steve..

Were moving forward fast on the sanctioning and the Hotel Deals..

As we get more info well post it up ASAP..

Grab your Revs.. October is a Great Month to be in Florida..

I am looking into it Kelly!

Big Question, how to get from Tampa Bay Airport to the hotel without renting a car...... I am sure it is a bit more than I would want to walk :sign_kitelife:

Also, I would like to bring my kitestakes, would that be a issue? (the ones I sell)

Walt,

There are many options for transfer from the airport to the "Bird", not the least of which is a ride from one of us, based on your arrival. Short of that there are shuttle options, taxis and car services. Just do a search for travel options to Treasure Island from TPA.

Once your flights are set let us know when you arrive (and leave) and no doubt someone could hook you up with a ride. Certainly Alden or I would help if the timing works out right.

I will be there!

I have booked the room at T-bird, and need to wait a couple weeks to book the flight. I will probably arrive Friday evening on Southwest Airlines at Tampa Bay Airport, and leave Monday morning/afternoon. Hopefully everything will coalesce into a great time for all!

I will finally be able to say "AARRR" like a pirate...... :sign_kitelife:

Ben is Coming!!! OH Crap there goes the Neighborhood... .kid_smartass.gif

Just Kidding Bro.. Cant wait to do some Rev flying with you and the Rest of the Rev Flyers.....

There will be a one Main Field at this event with a PA system..

Rev Flyers.. This is all for you and any Sport kiters that choose to Join us..blue_cool.gif

No Moving your stuff or switching Fields.. Set Up and Fly all Day!!!...

Ben is Coming!!! OH Crap there goes the Neighborhood... .kid_smartass.gif

Just Kidding Bro.. Cant wait to do some Rev flying with you and the Rest of the Rev Flyers.....

There will be a one Main Field at this event with a PA system..

Rev Flyers.. This is all for you and any Sport kiters that choose to Join us..blue_cool.gif

No Moving your stuff or switching Fields.. Set Up and Fly all Day!!!...

MY KINDA DAY(S)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

BTW, who is this Ben dude?

MY KINDA DAY(S)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

BTW, who is this Ben dude?

Ben????

Just Some Guy that Fly’s Those Rev Things....kid_smartass.gif

I cant wait either... And Demo’s are Optional..

Basically if you want to do one you can..

If Not.... Not...cool.gif