My first 2-stack

Got some Pro-no-snags from AWOC and as an order filler, got a stacking kit for 2 kites thinking if I didn't like stacking, I could use the lines as pig tails....

After work on Friday, I pulled out my EXP & SLE and put 3 wrap frames in both. Made the EXP the front then set about putting the stacking lines on both. Still not 100% sure about the centre (white) line. Took them across the road to the park at Saturday lunchtime and set up. Took out some brake. Final checks then.... Up up and away!

I thought one Rev was awesome let alone two. The wind was variable 14km/h (9mph) but even at that I had arms out a fair bit of the time. I'm glad I had the whole park to myself as I could swing them around to my hearts content.

An hour just flew by and I was having a great time. I'm looking forward to some decent wind on Monday to really have a spin. Might even put them on my 120's. A whole new world of Revs has just opened up to me and I couldn't be happier.

Rob.

• Like 1

Over the other side of the world, I also got a couple of sets of stacking lines from AWOC just recently and I too also tried my hand at a 2-stack.

My set was a B full vent with 4-wrap followed by a B mid-vent with 3 wrap (it was quite a breezy session last weekend) - and I also had a problem with the centre line if it's any consolation (despite Kent's comprehensive instructions)

Yep, a lot of fun, and some serious pull. The back kite was wobbling a bit at times. To be honest, I didn't mind that too much becuase at least I got to see it. I have seen the advice to "fly the back kite" but unless it wobbles, you can't see the blessed thing!! Actually, you can induce the wobble it you wiggle the handles and I thought it looked quite cool.

It took a while to set it all up (but it was worth it), and I can now appreciate the other advice I've seen about dedicated stacks. I'm thinking about making up some pigtails at the attachment points to make setting up easier in the future.

Looking forward to trying a 3-stack at some point.

I've seen a great picture in here somewhere showing the pigtails. I'm going to do the same. Know exactly what you mean about wobbling the back kite to see it. When I get my B Vent I'll be getting another set of stack line and put that one on too! I think a Progressive Stack is on the cards now, lime and blue as I think that color combo looks great against the sky.

Bug well and truly bitten!!ðŸ‘

What lines were you using? I flew on #90 x 80. Have some #150 x 80 on order for the twins.

Rob.

Was using 90# x 85ft and it was a serious pull. (Great for bedding in new lines I would think!)

I read somewhere on here that the 90# lines are okay for up to a 3 stack, but I would be wary of adding a 3rd without going to 150# I have some 150# x 85ft which came with a Rev1 Sedgwick I got on ebay, but they are not LPG sad.gif

I will PM you the instructions Kent gave me for the middle line connection, but that may be superceeded by the pigtail solution.

• 5 months later...

Got some Pro-no-snags from AWOC and as an order filler, got a stacking kit for 2 kites thinking if I didn't like stacking, I could use the lines as pig tails....

After work on Friday, I pulled out my EXP & SLE and put 3 wrap frames in both. Made the EXP the front then set about putting the stacking lines on both. Still not 100% sure about the centre (white) line. Took them across the road to the park at Saturday lunchtime and set up. Took out some brake. Final checks then.... Up up and away!

I thought one Rev was awesome let alone two. The wind was variable 14km/h (9mph) but even at that I had arms out a fair bit of the time. I'm glad I had the whole park to myself as I could swing them around to my hearts content.

An hour just flew by and I was having a great time. I'm looking forward to some decent wind on Monday to really have a spin. Might even put them on my 120's. A whole new world of Revs has just opened up to me and I couldn't be happier.

Rob.

Just worth mentioning, I would be cautious using the PRO handles for a stack. Being solid aluminum, they will bend more easily than the regular stainless handles.

Just worth mentioning, I would be cautious using the PRO handles for a stack. Being solid aluminum, they will bend more easily than the regular stainless handles.

Thanks Watty, I use my Stainless Steel standard Rev 13's for that very reason.

Tapatalk for iPhone.

• 2 months later...

Awesome stacks! Flying a stack is a totally new experience and an entire new bucket of fun. :) One thing to help reduce the pull is to shorten your top lines a bunch, I would start at 1" shorter than normal and see how that feels. With the stack, the brake lines are much more sensitive so you don't need to have nearly as much brake in them. This also helps with the stack wanting to flip over or spin super easy and a makes the entire stack much less sensitive - will also help recduce the wobble in the rear kite a little.

Speaking of wobble, if you shorten the bottom stack lines on the rear kite just a bit (about 1") it will help keep that guy in line more. With pigtails this is easy to do, just add another knot that is closer to the kite and attach your stack line there.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...