Finally got to fly my new B vented

rexracer

Weather channel said 12-15mph and it looked like the wind was blowing pretty good, so I finally put up my new B vented. I had pro handles with the new 50' lines I made and new leaders running about 5 1/2" of differential. Unfortunately, the wind kept dropping off (as usual here) but I did get one nice 10 minute blow where the wind was high enough to fill the sail and let me hover anywhere in the window except the last 20% near the edge. I see what everyone's been saying about the vented now. Keep in mind I'm flying a std SLE otherwise, but this thing is smoooth and precise! I think I made a big jump in my skill level just in that 10 minutes, and it could have been even bigger if it had been a half hour. I really need to find better wind. At least with the vented I'll be able to fly on windy days and the gusts and variablility won't have such a big effect on the kites handling. The SLE definitely moves around more when the wind isn't steady. It's always droping or rising. With the vented B the kite feels locked in when hovering...ok, when fully inverted I still get a see-saw sometimes, but one the LE is at 45* or better it was rock steady.

Full vent with race rods...I like it!

Wish list for Christmas... A full Pro set in the yellow and purple pattern I posted in the colorizer thread.:blue-cool:

I get a ton of use from my vented and mid vent with (green race rods) these two kites have been my go to for a long time in just about any wind cause it just takes the stress off these

tired old bones..... As I get older and put more miles on this old body it just seems as if I

can't take those gusts as well as I used tokid_cussing.gif, so what I do is reduce the pull with venting

and have improved my skill as a pilot..... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif ( 2 cents from an old guy )

I actually like a lot of pull. I have a Flexifoil Bullet for that. It seems that the vented is just more stable in a hover, or at any attitude. I figure it might be because the kite spills air through the bottom of the "pocket" in the sail instead of around the edges. All I need now is some wind. Even the full sail with race rods can't fly in what we've had lately.:angry:

I'd like to try out a power Rev. I like the idea of being able to dump power if I need to. My Bullet has hurt me once, and scared me a couple of times. Now I put it away when it gets gusty. If you have the wind to fly it well, you can really get the pull up by doing figure eights to build speed. It's good exercise. So good that in a strong (but safe) wind I'm pretty shot after a half hour. I wonder if a power rev would have similar pull.