Quad Handle Pigtail question (sleeving)

tak2mark

I just recently sleeved the pigtails on my Rev quad handles. I sleeved them to be quickly identified as left and right and to add strength to the pigtail. Is there any problem with this? Maybe you should know that I use these handles to fly my Stylus P.3. I get really good pull from that kite, and I like to spend time in the strongest part of the window. This kite destroyed another quad handle set I had.(thick line with knot in the tube)

See pic below.

I used 130# (I think) Dacron to sleeve the factory line that came with the handles. Is there anything wrong with this?

2007_07_23_23_03_26.JPG

Those are the Power Blast Handles you have there, they are plenty strong I've never had those even flex on me using a PB 2-4 in 25 mph winds you should be all set.

For the record I've had standard handles fold in half and almost crush my hand, course it was my fault for using them with a power kite to begin with.

I talked with my local kite shop before I got those handles. They assured me that they were up to the job. I just recently got the sleeving kit, and I think I went a bit ape-scat. I practiced on my daughter's box kite, and on a spare 100' line. Then I did the line set I use with the P.3. I saw the handles sitting there, and I couldn't resist. I sleeved the pigtails.

BTW, I just got back from playing at the park, and the quad handles performed beautifully! I had no problem with any of the sleeving or any of the knots. I'm getting a bit more confident. :)

a power blast in 25mph wind? incredible

Folding a pair of handles? even more incredible! haha

Quad i'm 325 lbs I'm not easy to move unless I get into the 6m+ range the handles that got folded were standard 13" handles these wrapped ones they have are totally awsome I have the 15" and the short ones that came with my Shockwave's.

Also on that same weekend the day after I trashed the handles I also snapped a downspar :huh:

I'm thoroughly convinced the Power Blast 2-4 is not meant to be held back, now I use it in ultra light wind or if i get a chance to get on a board or buggy only.