Revolution History

johnnmitchell

Awesome work John! Coming along very nicely.

John Chilese did take all the photo's. He is also the one that does the photo's for all of our AWOC Calendars (he didn't do the swimsuit photos). He has a huge kite photo collection on Picassa. I think he now has a library of over 3000 kite photo's.

Awesome work John! Coming along very nicely.

John Chilese did take all the photo's. He is also the one that does the photo's for all of our AWOC Calendars (he didn't do the swimsuit photos). He has a huge kite photo collection on Picassa. I think he now has a library of over 3000 kite photo's.

Many Thanks Kent.

Does John Chilese have any problems with me using the photos in the way I mentioned, in the Masterpiece section of the Revolution Kite History?

JM

Many Thanks! I greatly appreciate your response.

Your earlier REV I probably had originally a wood winders and the REV I SUL probably had originally a clear plastic winder.

No lines with the Rev I SUL. With one of my early Revs, I received a Revolution black plastic winder with a black "ace bandage" velcro strap and white/red braided lines with clips. With the other, I got a wooden winder and white braided lines with clips (not sure they are spectra) - but the winder doesn't look like the one in your photos. It's longer & skinnier (about 14in by 3.5in), made of 3/4 inch oak, and is marked "Handcrafted by Cha Henderson." I'm guessing it was Charlie, but the letters have worn away. Is that rev-history related, or just a random winder?

The only REV ever shipped from Revolution with a tine type other then a Spectra fiber was the earliest REV II which was shipped with Kevlar lines. I think this was only for about one year around 1990-1991.

I know that the earliest REV I SUL was "normally" shipped with a lighter Spectra fiber line and was on a clear plastic winder. This may have also only been for a year or so as the clear plastic winder appeared to be hand made. It was probably replaced by one of the black or other colored molded plastic winder.

Now the wood winder you speak of came with the earliest REV I. As I recall it, it was hand-made by one of the Hadziki's. It was about 40% longer then later winder. It was also wider and about a half inch thick made of good quality probably marine plywood.

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of a Cha Henderson winder. That is a new one for me. I will ask at Revolution about this winder.

All of the early REV lines did in fact have clips on them. Clips were removed a couple years later.

The REV 1.5 portion(tab) is now ready. I can not guarantee 100% accuracy, but I am sure it quite close to being very accurate.

If you find errors, please PM me via the forum ASAP, so I may correct the errors and get the corrected version uploaded.

Also please let me know your thoughts in general on the 1.5 portion.

I am still deep in the Master series tab. It is a lot work. Is there anyone who does not want me the complete it and just forget it?

The REV 1.5 portion(tab) is now ready. I can not guarantee 100% accuracy, but I am sure it quite close to being very accurate.

If you find errors, please PM me via the forum ASAP, so I may correct the errors and get the corrected version uploaded.

Also please let me know your thoughts in general on the 1.5 portion.

I am still deep in the Master series tab. It is a lot work. Is there anyone who does not want me the complete it and just forget it?

I have recently aquired some wonderful masterpiece kites from a fellow in the UK. I would love it you would like to display them on your site. One is by Scott Hampton, and the other is by Jon Burkhardt. They are both fantastic kites, and I woudl be very proud if you put them on display. I will send you photos if you would like.

Great Job!!!!!:sign_kitelife:

I have recently aquired some wonderful masterpiece kites from a fellow in the UK. I would love it you would like to display them on your site. One is by Scott Hampton, and the other is by Jon Burkhardt. They are both fantastic kites, and I woudl be very proud if you put them on display. I will send you photos if you would like.

Great Job!!!!!:sign_kitelife:

That must have been Big Bri.

I am very pleased you are enjoying the Revolution History site.

Could you please PM me via the forum concerning your photos.

While working on the Master portion(tab), the idea has come up to use this also as a way of tracking all the master series REVs.

This meaning if you have a master and would like to list it and offer your photo for use only on this Revolution History site, I could add it in. If you can donate two maybe three short lines of text I could add this also, of course acknowledging the text came from you.

Please note if you do not not own the copyright to the photo you are offering, you would need to acquire permission from the person who has the copyright for the photo.

What are your thoughts on this?

Wow, The Rev history is super nice! I'll have to take some time and read it over instead of brousing through it. I probably should read it soon before Kent sends in 2 or 3 lines each of his kites. That way I can read half now and half later. sounds like a big book report to me, what? 5 or 6 pages?

Wow, The Rev history is super nice! I'll have to take some time and read it over instead of brousing through it. I probably should read it soon before Kent sends in 2 or 3 lines each of his kites. That way I can read half now and half later. sounds like a big book report to me, what? 5 or 6 pages?

Many Thanks! I am very pleased you are enjoying it.

While working on the Master portion(tab), the idea has come up to use this also as a way of tracking all the master series REVs.

This meaning if you have a master and would like to list it and offer your photo for use only on this Revolution History site, I could add it in. If you can donate two maybe three short lines of text I could add this also, of course acknowledging the text came from you.

Please note if you do not not own the copyright to the photo you are offering, you would need to acquire permission from the person who has the copyright for the photo.

Besides those who responded to this, are there others interested?

I even acquired a masterpiece last weekend, thank you Ben, so I will add this as soon as I take a photo of it.

For the Master's portion John Chilese has authorized use of many of his extraordinary photos which I have already integrated. The rest of the photos as of today are only from me.

I am still lacking a bit of text and photos. I suspect it will take some time to acquire all of this information and photos.

Now comes the question. Should I release what I have in the next days or wait until it is closer to complete?

If I release in the next days, I would also be updating on a regular basis.

The other item I proposed earlier was:

--- Quote ---

--- Unquote ---

Your opinions please!

Mate, now I want to get a Master just to get a kite in there!

I would really like it updated as I can't get enough of the history but I do appreciate how much work and effort you have gone, and are going to. It really is a top read as well as a benchmark for the chronology of the Revolution Kites.

I made an update to the Anniversary portion(tab).

I am starting to list all the owners of the Golden Historical Revolution. There were 25 made and they are all over the workd.

If you want to be listed, please send me a PM with your information.

As you can see, I am being a bit vague on precise details of anyone. If you want more or less information displayed, please indicate this.

JM