Revolution History

johnnmitchell

Over the years I have been researching the manufacturing history of all the Revolution kites.

At present, as time permits, I am creating a web site within my own web site, to make most of this information available to you.

It will disclose information only on those Revolution kites manufactured with "maybe" some information on prototypes that led to the manufactured kite. Do not expect to find any confidential information.

During my research I did acquire very helpful information from the Hadzicki family and Ben D'Antonio.

So please be patient as I work on the web site.

Now, here is a teaser.

post-41-13365902215871_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great job :)

Can we work on something like a photo gallery for each model? Perhaps a limited number of photos per user. I know there will be loads of them but this is to show the number count of Revs over the world and locations. Customs (original) ones and limited edition ones.

Just a little idea from a little flyer :)

Good luck and wish you all the best for the new website

B

Noticed on the tabs that there wasn't a spot for the Neos Omega. I would assume that would be in with the Rev 1's?

Yes, it is already under "REV I" as are all other "REV I" sized REVs.

I might release an early version late today or tomorrow with the following tabs functioning.

- Home

- REV I

- REV II

- REV 1.5

- Thanks

I lack a lot of information for the others at this time.

No, that would not be an easy feat at this time.

You will only be seeing actual photos. The majority of the photos are from me.

Even though this is my fourth year of flying revs and though I've seen them in person and in videos, there's very little visual reference to size difference among I's, II's, 1.5's, Zen, Indoor, etc. I only have 1.5's and a Supersonic, and therefore am thoroughly confused in regard to which is smaller/bigger/fuller-sailed, etc.

It would be great to have a visual reference, or at least a written desrciption thereof.

Even though this is my fourth year of flying revs and though I've seen them in person and in videos, there's very little visual reference to size difference among I's, II's, 1.5's, Zen, Indoor, etc. I only have 1.5's and a Supersonic, and therefore am thoroughly confused in regard to which is smaller/bigger/fuller-sailed, etc.

It would be great to have a visual reference, or at least a written desrciption thereof.

I'll see if I can do something like that using vector graphics using Adobe Illustrator in the near future.

The larger is the REV I of which which the ZEN falls in the same size class. Zen does have a slightly larger sail in that vertical center is larger. Rod sizes are the same.

Next down come the REV 1.5 which covers all JB series, excluding the JB2 and ZEN.

The smaller is the REV II in which the JB2 falls within the same class. JB2 is slightly taller and has a larger sail in that vertical center.

The Indoor is closest to the REV 1.5 in size. It is taller and it is built only for indoor flying or absolute zero wind. For me it is no fun to fly, when there is any wind in the slightest.

Now the Speed(Shockwave and Supersonic) and Power(Blast, 2-4, 4-8) series are other animals.

I rarely fly any of them and I do not have any of them anymore. I am sure someone else like "Kent" can fill you in on these.

Now the Speed(Shockwave and Supersonic) and Power(Blast, 2-4, 4-8) series are other animals.

I rarely fly any of them and I do not have any of them anymore. I am sure someone else like "Kent" can fill you in on these.

The speed series I'm familiar with. Thank you for the info. That would be good info to put under perhaps a "specifications" tab.

For the time being due to lack of knowledge, information and photos, I have dropped both the Speed and Power series from the Revolution History.

Now Available at: http://johnnmitchell.com/IntSportKites/rev_history/index.html

are the first three sections:

- REV I

- Thanks

- Home

Any of the other tabs will give you an error.

Next up is the REV II followed by the REV 1.5.

Following this will be the Indoor, the BackTracker and the Anniversary.

The master and the rods will take a bit more time due to photo graphical work.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

If you find errors, please send me a PM.

Many Thanks, JM

John,

If you need any photo's of Masterpiece kites, feel free to use any of the ones in my collection. You can see most of what I have in the Rev Gallery. I can send you full sized images if necessary. I have a couple more that I need to include too.

As for the Rev 1 Sedgwick, I always thought the two colors produced was for Lee and his wife Sue. Warm colors were Lee's and the Cool colors were Sue's (I may be backwards on that). Didn't know if you wanted to mention that in your history.

Looking great! Hope to see more soon.

Kent,

Thanks for the offer of photos. I will take you up on it and give you credit for them on the web site.

What I will do with the photos is that I will remove the background using Photoshop, which I am quite good with.

You are absolutely correct on the Lee Hot and Sue Cold. I have debated whether to mention this, now I will do so.

Looking very cool so far!! Bravo! You are going to make it too easy to answer history questions in any thread . . . . off to John's rev-o-pedia!

It's nice to find out when my early Rev 1s (and a fairly early Rev II) were produced. I have a couple near mint Rev 1s from the '89-91 period (both say "patent pending", have the lines & bridle for unequal length lines) and one '92 SUL REV 1 (which is moving on to a new owner soon-ish). I wondered why the bridle was different - I thought maybe it was a custom made one (by the previous owner), not a SUL bridle. Now I know.

Don't have a Neos Omega yet . . . . .

Can't wait to see the rest of the tabs.