Kitin' with 'Droid

The new job has me gettin' a "smartphone" kid_brooding.gif Whoopee!!

Ok not so bad I guess, now that I've been goofin' around with one (not mine) for a few days. But, increase anything to do with um "productivity"? Not a chance with this user; the phone is total overkill, and the higher-ups know it, but I don't have a choice, so they said to "use it and have fun." I should have it in a week.

I would have put this under the iPhone topic, but I know how folks are about their iPhones, and mentioning 'Droid there might not be cool tongue.gif

Can anyone recommend the fun/useful stuff for an Android-based cell phone using kite flier?? Kite related or otherwise. Gotta set this thing up right.

I also like JuiceDefender. I bought the ultimate version and it makes a big difference, though not all of the advertised features work on my phone. These new gadgets are very tough on batteries! I even bought an external battery for my phone so I can use the heck out of it when I'm on the road without fear of running out of juice.

For kite stuff, I like Windfinder for wind forecasts and reports, and Go Fly A Kite for a little kiting interlude during the day.

• 3 weeks later...

* DROID *

Thanks for the recommendation on Juice Defender, works great! I should have the Tapatalk paid for by the end of the day.

Here's some other cool apps co-workers, friends, and family have recommended, and I am using now:

WeatherBug - only because it has more access to Las Vegas weather stations than any other app and can find wind in specific places around Las Vegas.

Doubletwist - allows Droid to sync with iTunes!

PDAnet - use your smartphone as a modem without paying for hotspot service! Does not create a hotspot.

RealCalc - scientific calculator.

Google Sky - for looking at the constellations and stars and acquiring their names.

Zedge - free wallpapers and ringtones! Awesome.

Barcode Scanner - scan product barcodes to see if you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

Flashlight - turns the camera LED flash into a flashlight. Very useful already.

All the above mentioned apps are FREE.

* DROID *

Thanks for the recommendations Khal, Love2fly and Madquad!!

There is a free version of doodle jump available at Google Play (formerly Android Marketplace)! AirDroid is downloaded, I will check it out later. The windfinder app works well, but doesn't have access to a location close to my home. Yet.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by SkyPuppet

Too bad Raindar doesn't work on Samsung smartphones... Fortunately it rarely rains in Las Vegas ;)

Wow, can't say enough about Tapatalk... I have it setup so that when I get a notification, the alert tone plays "light saber on" :-) if im trying to type a message and I have to put the phone down, Tapatalk auto- saves the draft :-) very handy.

AirDroid is great too, saved me the trouble of buying a bigger memory card!

One downside of Tapatalk - no way to add friends :-( but I really like everything else about it. Anyways to add friends I could use the Web browser and login at the full webpage, it's just a little clumsy over a smartphone for me.

Overall, these smartphones are pretty cool, iPhone, Droid, or otherwise.

One downside of Tapatalk - no way to add friends :-( but I really like everything else about it. Anyways to add friends I could use the Web browser and login at the full webpage, it's just a little clumsy over a smartphone for me.

Overall, these smartphones are pretty cool, iPhone, Droid, or otherwise.

I've been having issues with Tapatalk. Threads keep showing up as unread even without new posts in them. Not sure why. It's very erratic.

• 2 weeks later...