What's up with the SUL?

deutsch

Question

Hi, All,

A very long time since I've used the Forum. I've been wondering, why is it that I never see the Rev SLE SUL anywhere? I have been to many kite festivals here in the East and I have seen many Rev teams, but I never see an SUL.

I am looking for something in between an Indoor and the B-Series, thought the SUL sounds about right. Anyone out there who flies one, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Thanks,

Deutsch smile.gifinnocent.gif

7 answers to this question

Lynn and I flew at two festivals last month, Santa Maria, CA and Morro Bay CA. Santa Maria was one day with very light winds all day. We flew all day on SULs as did our other team members Carol and Cass Pittman. Morro Bay was two days, both days having light winds until mid afternoon, again calling for SULs.

We have used our SULs at other festivals including Seal Beach, South Padre Island and WSIKF.

Your "B" with a two wrap or Race Rod frame should do quite well in lighter wind

Our SULs are the three star, red white and blue Patriotic Masterpiece kites with SUL frame and SUL bridle. Those kites are made from .6oz rather than .75oz material. If they won't fly, it's "Miller Time".

Lynn and I flew at two festivals last month, Santa Maria, CA and Morro Bay CA. Santa Maria was one day with very light winds all day. We flew all day on SULs as did our other team members Carol and Cass Pittman. Morro Bay was two days, both days having light winds until mid afternoon, again calling for SULs.

We have used our SULs at other festivals including Seal Beach, South Padre Island and WSIKF.

Your "B" with a two wrap or Race Rod frame should do quite well in lighter wind

Our SULs are the three star, red white and blue Patriotic Masterpiece kites with SUL frame and SUL bridle. Those kites are made from .6oz rather than .75oz material. If they won't fly, it's "Miller Time".

Very nicely put Jim! We have SUL's in stock. They are the best kites for the lightest winds. Even though they are super light, they can't replace lack of skills. The SUL is lighter than the B-Series w/2 wraps so if you are looking for the ultimate light wind 1.5 sized kite, the SUL is the ticket. There is also the Zen....once you get the feel for how the Zen likes to be flown, it is awesome in the lightest of winds.

Got one - love it!! ( Thanks Kent!! ) I agree with Jim on flying one - I was told by a good friend - "That kite ought to come with a disclaimer - If it won't fly, nothing will!!"!!kid_devlish.gif I'll also pair it up with 50#x50' or 50#x120' lines and 15" handles to get even more light wind capability!!

If you're looking to still get the feel of 1.5 sized kites in the light wind range, it's a great choice!! smile.gif

SULs are great and it could be you've seen them and didn't realize it. I don't know that I've ever seen one labeled SUL on the sail. Mine and every one I have seen was only labeled 1.5 SLE just like a standard SLE.

SULs are great and it could be you've seen them and didn't realize it. I don't know that I've ever seen one labeled SUL on the sail. Mine and every one I have seen was only labeled 1.5 SLE just like a standard SLE.

This is Correct!

There has never been a REV labeled with SUL on the sail, unless there is a custom somewhere I have never heard about nor seen.