New in the wind

Oxygenz

Hi!

I'm from Canada, Québec province, Québec city... i mainly speak french but i'm able to easily read english and write too but maybe with some mistakes here and there ;-)

I'm totally new to the world of kite. Never touched one! Just seen some duals.

I'v only browsed across kite forum here and at kitelife to know more. Also watched youtube kite video a lot... and i really feel that i have to jump in the kite buzz, that's stronger than me!! So i've already ordered my kite!!!! ... Rev-B, mid-vent, black/gold, yeah!!

The only air thing i touched are small fixed pitch rc heli. I got 2. One msr and one msrx.

If you have some important beginners tips, you're welcome to tell me. There's great information here and at kitelife anyway. Also, my subscription at kitelife magazine on kitelife site will surely help me.

Oh and i'm 38 years old.

:)

Francis

Salut Francis,

Tout d'abord, bienvenu sur le forum et dans le Coté Obscure :) Comme tu peux le voir je lis, parle et ecris en francais aussi mais pour les autres j'ecris en anglais ici :)

So we switch back to the Rev native language :)

Welcome again and the first things i would recommend you is the Tutorials by JB on Kitelife. They are really helpful and don't just watch them, understand every seconds of them and you will find your way easily..

If you are more lucky than me and can find some fliers in your area, meet them and make this learning curve even less steep..learning with others is the best and easiest thing...

And don't forget the most important thing: Have fun everytime you fly :)

B

Hi!

I'm from Canada, Québec province, Québec city... i mainly speak french but i'm able to easily read english and write too but maybe with some mistakes here and there ;-)

I'm totally new to the world of kite. Never touched one! Just seen some duals.

I'v only browsed across kite forum here and at kitelife to know more. Also watched youtube kite video a lot... and i really feel that i have to jump in the kite buzz, that's stronger than me!! So i've already ordered my kite!!!! ... Rev-B, mid-vent, black/gold, yeah!!

The only air thing i touched are small fixed pitch rc heli. I got 2. One msr and one msrx.

If you have some important beginners tips, you're welcome to tell me. There's great information here and at kitelife anyway. Also, my subscription at kitelife magazine on kitelife site will surely help me.

Oh and i'm 38 years old.

:)

Francis

Welcome to the Rev forum! Only thing I'd like to throw out there is learnkites.com. It has a lot of good video tutorials available there. These tutorials are also available for download from Kitelife as a subscriber.

Thanks everyone for your welcome words and tips B)

Hope to find someone in my city that fly Rev, there's alot of cool place here to fly... and wind is almost always alive!

Can't wait to give you some feedback of my 1st Rev experience... but before, have to wait for the mail...

...and B-13: L'île Maurice semble être un endroit merveilleux, à en faire rêver!!...(" L'île Maurice seems to be a marvelous place to be, a dreamy one!!")

Francis,

Welcome to the family.

Your RC Heli experience is good. You will understand the sensitivity of the handle control.

Handle movement is much like aileron control on rc planes. Small moves.

Good advice- Have fun !

Lolly Hadzicki

Hi, my advice after having bought the same kite last month,

1 Watch the dvd that comes with the kite

2 Practice setting up and packing away without flying, it will save time and frustration in the long run.

3 Do the basics again and again and again, just going up and down, spins, hovers and side slides will give you confidence.

4 Pick your winds for the brave move to inverted hovers

5 Plenty of tunes and sunglasses

6 Enjoy

over the last three weeks i have flown nearly every day for 4 hours each time, hence the tunes and am now confident in most moves, although it doesn't look as good as some of the more experienced flyers I am getting so much fun out of flying again and now understand why they call it "The Dark Side", my next move is to try in the water.

Hope this helps.

Mik

...and B-13: L'île Maurice semble être un endroit merveilleux, à en faire rêver!!...(" L'île Maurice seems to be a marvelous place to be, a dreamy one!!")

C'est vrai! Un paradis..Quand tu as la tune pour te faire livrer des Rev des States mdr mais sinon ca va..du vent pendant toute l'année et si y'en a pas de ton coté bein tu travers l'ile en 45mins et tu vas voler de l'autre coté :)

amuses toi bien

True!! It's paradise when money is not an issue and you get delivered kites easily from the US lol..otherwise it's really nice with winds all year round and if it blow in the wrong direction, just cross the island in 40mins time and go fly on the other side - No worries friends, it's just nice to write in French sometimes wit someone understanding both languages :) That's what kites are..Different languages, different countries, different winds but one mind - REVUNITED

Hey thanks again! friendly people here.

LS Kite Stakes... the famous Dark side, no one convert me, do it myself, i think i'm already evil :kid_devlish:... and your custom stake are damn superb!!!!

SparkieRob, advice taken... my future Rev thank you :-)

Watty, thanks for the link... and already subscribed on kitelife magazine.

Ben, i see here in the forum that you have your dedicated thread, a globe-trotter, that's really cool!!!!... i saw that you came in Quebec province already.

As you said Lolly, rc heli need sweet thumb, it's a funny experience too... being relax with the kite is surely a must... and having fun too!

Mad Mik, thanks for the advice. Your lucky to spent as much time on your kite everyday, having fun is what life for!

B-13, hope to go on your beautiful island with my girl friend one day!!

Soulfly, i readed much here to choose wisely on a rev-b midvent :blue-cool:... i see that your avatar is where i ordered my Rev. Mike give me a really great customer service and answer all my question so fast!! You work there??

Hey thanks again! friendly people here.

Soulfly, i readed much here to choose wisely on a rev-b midvent :blue-cool:... i see that your avatar is where i ordered my Rev. Mike give me a really great customer service and answer all my question so fast!! You work there??

Thanks for the feedback! So glad we could help. Yes, I own Great Canadian Kite Company and we try hard to do a good job - provide good, prompt service and exceptional products by top-shelf manufacturers.

Thanks for the feedback! So glad we could help. Yes, I own Great Canadian Kite Company and we try hard to do a good job - provide good, prompt service and exceptional products by top-shelf manufacturers.

Hey! just see on your signature that Mike is you... my eyes miss it or it wasn't there before?... :)

Hi Oxygenz....

Welcome to the "Dark Side" where things are always bright!

I recommend reading the old threads. There's tons of great info there. Believe it or not, there will be a time when you're out flying and run into an issue and remembering some of the "tidbits" from these threads will help you through it.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Have fun! :)