Masterpiece Challenge Winner Take All

beach

Well we all know we have had some really great Masterpieces done by the artist over the years and we used that

money for my travels and we even gave one to the AKA which made a ton of cash for them...... With that said

I thought what the hell how about a winner take all where the winner is picked by how much there kite sales for to

the public...... Then we put all the money together from all the kites and the artist whos kite sells for the most

gets all the money from all the sales, then as a bonus the winner will pick one kite out of the others and we will

donate that kite to the AKA for auction for them....kid_devlish.gif

Here The Artists

1. Ron Gibian (hes in)

2. Bazzer kid_devlish.gif(hes in)

3. Amy Doran (shes in)

4. Jose Sainz (hes in)

5. Scott Skinner (hes in)

6. Martin Lester unknown

7. Alden Miller (no can't still putting things back together after the fire)

8. Jon Burkhart (hes in)

9. Scott Hampton unknown

10. Dean Jordan (hes in)

11. Kevin Bayless (hes in)

12. Eliot Shook (hes in)

13. Randy Tom unknown

You have to admit this is going to be a hoot and a fist full of dollars for someone......

All kites will be at Revolution by July 15th and then the bidding will begin and we will take bids all the way

until Aug. 31st midnight. I will post everything on all the social media outlets and thru word of month so

everyone the world over knows about this Masterpiece Challenge, then people can bid on the kite they have

to have for themselves and high bidder owns that kite. Then Revolution takes all the money from the sale

of all the kites and gives it to the winning artist.... I'd also like to remind everyone normal Masterpiece go

for $600.00 and these will be really special so who knows where this will go.......

Ben, can I recommend another builder for your possible consideration,... Dave Ashworth?

It's about time he coughedup something "legal" for you guys! He's retired now (yet again?!), so it's a challenge he very well may be interested in as well as having time for the mission.

on the other note, my wife is gonna' kill me!

Ben, that's a fine group of kite artists you have. I was very flattered to be given a chance to participate and am disappointed that I had to say no. I will watch eagerly to see the kites that are produced because I am sure they will be amazing.

So who is holding the pool on this, I am sure there will be side bets going on! kid_smartass.gif

-Alden

Sorry Ben let me try to get some of this idea straight, The artists are going to sell their kites by auction. The artist who's kite sells for the most money gets all the other artists proceeds from the sales. And when all the kites get sold to different people,, Then the top artist is going to take a kite from away from someone that just won the kite and donate it to AKA,, OUCH!!!

I feel sorry for the person that just bought a Masterpiece kite just to have it taken away from him/her by the winning artist.

Ken McNeill, artisan kite maker of SLK's and Dualies at Blue Moon Kites has done speciality series several times. I think the first was the Moonie Mamba, limited edition, of around 20. Then his other dualie models had Moonies. Ken is in the process of bringing back his Mojo UL in a limited series of 20, they are sold out and they will be the last. Ken is closing Blue Moon and moving on to the next thing, whatever that is. His avid followers might be up for one last Moonie, the interest would be high. . .

2952933461_f652706ab0.jpg

My impression of what a Moonie Masterpiece would look like, as always done in KMAC colors.

You can register me as a Bidder!

I was very flattered to be given a chance to participate and am disappointed that I had to say no.

I think Ben should have you do a batch of your 'barely there' Revs in 1.5 size once you are back up and running to compensate for your lack of participation :blue-cool:

(make mine fire/red thanks)

Sorry Ben let me try to get some of this idea straight, The artists are going to sell their kites by auction. The artist who's kite sells for the most money gets all the other artists proceeds from the sales. And when all the kites get sold to different people,, Then the top artist is going to take a kite from away from someone that just won the kite and donate it to AKA,, OUCH!!!

I feel sorry for the person that just bought a Masterpiece kite just to have it taken away from him/her by the winning artist.

1. No the artist will send the kites to Revolution for the finish work.

2. Each artist will be indeed making 2 kites one for sale and one for me, hey what can I say but we will donate

one to the AKA from the these extra kites.....

3. Each of the kites will be on the website for people to bid on the one they want highest bid gets that kite.

4. All money raised goes to the artist who's kite got the highest bidder, hope that I explained it better...

P.S. the extra kites will be flown by me at all the event, heck I may even make a stack of them..... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Ok Ben, I'll place my bet.

I bet Kent wins the highest priced kite!

-Alden

Hi Alden...

That's funny! I bet you win :)

Too bad you don't have the time right now; I know you'd give them all a run for the $$

Hi Ben....

This is going to be fun to watch the progression of it ALL.

My bet is the winner being the person with the most money to bid on their own/friends kite. Perhaps this "challenge" was not thought completely through.

That would be an expensive gamble. If say I bid $5000 on someones kite who's to say that Kent (we know he'll bid high) doesn't bid $5001 on a different kite. Then Kent gets that kite and I am still out $5000 for the kite I bid on.

I'd rather buy some lottery tickets with some school teachers. That sounds like a safer bet.

-Alden

That would be an expensive gamble. If say I bid $5000 on someones kite who's to say that Kent (we know he'll bid high) doesn't bid $5001 on a different kite. Then Kent gets that kite and I am still out $5000 for the kite I bid on.

Yes, as long as there were two crazy people out there willing to give up what they bid, the contest should be fine. If the bids were published then someone could just wait for a few minutes before the cut off to bid. Again, as long as someone else was willing to keep others in check by also bidding a crazy amount, everything would be fine.

My recommendation would be to keep bids private. This would also stop someone from out bidding the last person by $1.00. Hiding the amount of the bid means that the person willing to pay the highest, honest amount, wins (not the highest by $1).

I'm certainly not promoting it and I'd hope everything works out fine. I certainly don't have skin in this game so it's just my 2 cents.

Alden, I believe (correct me if I am wrong Ben) that if you were to bid 5000 on kite A, and I was to bid 5001 on kite B, then YOU would own kite A and I would own kite B - but artist B would get all the cash (that is if someone else doesn't out bid either one of us).

The artist that gets the highest bid on his/her masterpiece wins the grand cash prize, each highest bidder on the kites win the kite they were highest bidder on.