Portsmouth 2012

Felix

The Portsmouth event is the 25th - 27th August.

The Rev Field is on the cards again with 'proper boundaries'.

We know that a beginners clinic may not be able to deliver a world record mega-team event but are the experienced fliers out there ready to commit to a major self funded event?

Let's see what we can do...

Felix

• Like 1

Not in the cards for me this year but let's see if I can still be of help in some small way....... Benkid_devlish.gifkid_devlish.gifkid_cussing.gif

Hi Ben,

Thank you!

I think that we will need to see an enthusiastic response from European fliers before taking this forwards.

Best wishes

Felix

Hi Ben,

Thank you!

I think that we will need to see an enthusiastic response from European fliers before taking this forwards.

Best wishes

Felix

Hi Felix

As a keen amateur rev flier I am looking forward to Portsmouth (for me its the festival to look forward to in the UK)

also the rev arena (properly cordoned off this year) and "putting on a show for the public" as we did last year

BUT

To camp for free on the common,and this is a major benefit to fliers in cost savings,may be a problem for many kite fliers now,as stated in the kite society magazine

You have to submit your resume to the kite society stating what you will contribute to the festival

Then wait to be approved for a camping pass

I am afraid that with the rising costs associated with travelling to festivals - especially the distance to Portsmouth

AND having to pay for accomodation if refused a camping pass would make it a no go event for some

I personally would have to consider the costs involved,as I'm sure would many others

I hope that the people who want to fly at Portsmouth AND CAMP will be able to do so.

If not then dedicated UK fliers may stay away

Lets hope this is not the case as this would be bad for the festival

Hi Felix

As a keen amateur rev flier I am looking forward to Portsmouth (for me its the festival to look forward to in the UK)

also the rev arena (properly cordoned off this year) and "putting on a show for the public" as we did last year

BUT

To camp for free on the common,and this is a major benefit to fliers in cost savings,may be a problem for many kite fliers now,as stated in the kite society magazine

You have to submit your resume to the kite society stating what you will contribute to the festival

Then wait to be approved for a camping pass

I am afraid that with the rising costs associated with travelling to festivals - especially the distance to Portsmouth

AND having to pay for accomodation if refused a camping pass would make it a no go event for some

I personally would have to consider the costs involved,as I'm sure would many others

I hope that the people who want to fly at Portsmouth AND CAMP will be able to do so.

If not then dedicated UK fliers may stay away

Lets hope this is not the case as this would be bad for the festival

Can we correct what has been stated above.

There is an error in the electronic version of the magazine (an old page was picked up in the merge to create it). What the printed magazine says is

"As numbers are even more limited this year and in

an effort to achieve some fairness in the allocation

we have decided that a ballot is the best way forward.

Therefore anyone who wishes to enter the

ballot MUST request a pass from us together with

the vehicle registration number. All requests for

camping must be with us by 30th June. We will

notify both successful and unsuccessful people by

the 8th July."

So there is no need for a resume - just a request for a pass.

Remember - camping is not a right, it is a concession. The start point from the council was NO camping at all this year, at least we managed something!

Can we correct what has been stated above.

<snip>

Thanks for that.

My circumstances at work have recently changed and as a result of increased workload I will not be able to commit to the organisation/co-ordination of the Rev Field. Not that I did anything in work time previously, of course.

I very much hope that someone else will be able to take this on!

Felix

i as an absolute novice to rev's and having just ordered my first, i will be making arrangements to come to the festival, hoping that booking early will save money. hoping that there might be someone there that will be willing to pass on some little tips and wisdoms.

thanks for the dates.

Mik matrix.gif

By all means come to Portsmouth, it is a great festival and the “not to be missed” Rev event of the season, but if you are as you say “an absolute novice to Rev's,” I would suggest you try and find your self a mentor a bit closer to home that can give you some face to face advice, sooner rather than later. It is not by any stretch of the imagination, impossible to learn with just the instruction DVD and remote advice from Forum Members but it is a lot easier with some face to face advice and encouragement. Trust me on this one, every pound spent travelling to meet up with an experienced pilot with save you hours of solitary frustration. I would offer myself, but I am hours away, in Bedfordshire, I sure that if you post a more precise location than “Wales” someone closer to home will offer to help you get off the ground.

Good Luck and Welcome to the Darkside. :big_starwars:

• 2 months later...

The Portsmouth event is the 25th - 27th August.

The Rev Field is on the cards again with 'proper boundaries'.

<snip>

Felix

June 3rd...

The Kite Society have asked if there is interest in the Rev field this year. I have said that The Decs would be there. Is anyone else going to participate?

As explained previously, I cannot undertake an organising role.

Thanks

Best wishes

Felix

• 2 months later...

Not long now. Who is coming to Portsmouth? Baz, Daz did you get sorted with camping passes? Will we have the rev arena. I would love to do some grid flying as we don't get much opportunity up North.

Yes Vince got my pass,all set to go

Not long now. Who is coming to Portsmouth? Baz, Daz did you get sorted with camping passes? Will we have the rev arena. I would love to do some grid flying as we don't get much opportunity up North.

Hi all,

Please see the following message. I hope that everyone will be able to respond positively.

Thanks

Felix

"Felix

We know you are not taking control of the arena this year but we are having trouble posting on the Rev Forum - so wondering if you can post something for us.

"Just to confirm that we do have a rev arena in the same location as 2011. We have a PA sorted out (should be better than last year as it is being run by the firm that was used at Blackheath).

What we do not have is any indication who is going to use the arena and what contribution the 'masses' are going to make to displays in the main arena - we exclude those specifically invited or have offered (they do not have a choice!). We are talking about a mega fly type arrangement.

Of course, if anyone wants CAR parking as well - they need to get in touch by email ([email protected]) with the name and vehicle registration number - otherwise they cannot park free."

Thanks

Jon and Gill"

Hi all,

Please see the following message. I hope that everyone will be able to respond positively.

Thanks

Felix

<snip>

The Decs will be there. I understand that TFS, Air-4-ce and Fusion will be there as well. Not sure on the numbers for the other teams but The Decs should be 8.

Lets hope that the independent fliers and others are prepared to step up to the mark. I suspect that they will know who they are <grins>

Thanks

Felix