A little flash animation

Mike

Update: the animations are now here:

http://www.revkites.com/main/Animations

========================================================

Here's a little something I've been playing with.

The size is based on the dimensions of the screen on my Verizon PN-280 smartphone. Since these will play on my phone as well as the computer, I can show them to folks out on the field.

Check 'em out:

Blender

Burst and Twister

Compound Benefits

Pez

Side by Side Boxes

There are programs out there to convert flash movies to iPod videos. But the iPod videos wouldn't be interactive, they would just be movies. That is, you couldn't turn the arrows on/off or have it stop at the end of a step. I don't have a video iPod though, so someone else will have to chime in with a how-to.

Edited by Mike
Admin - updated with more recent URL.

more one the way. I'm using a trial version of Flash from Adobe, so I only have a couple weeks left to do them. The full version costs a few hundred bucks, which is beyond my budget.

I forgot to mention the keyboard shortcuts. They are designed for playing on a phone, but usable on your PC too:

0 turn on/off step mode

1 - 6, turn the arrows on/off for kites 1 through 6

7 back one step

9 forwards one step

8 play/pause

Left Arrow: forward one frame of animation

Right Arrow: back one frame of animation

# full screen mode

oh yea sweet man what a great way to learn these moves i hope the people that ive been flying with see this

Yeah Ant, I saw it: I'm sooooo ready to try some of these things out. When are you going to be in Wildwood again? Oh, and you should def check out the Jersey City Kite Fest the 28th and 29th. Drew and I will be there :-)

Yeah Ant, I saw it: I'm sooooo ready to try some of these things out. When are you going to be in Wildwood again? Oh, and you should def check out the Jersey City Kite Fest the 28th and 29th. Drew and I will be there :-)

I caught myself in a "goof" I know you LIVE in Wildwood Ant, but what weekend are you going to be flying again? Hahaha.

You should hook up with Gaiiden: he's trying to put something together like this.

Trying being the operative word here. I haven't had time to work on it in almost two weeks. Kinda depressing but, oh well. I'll try and have something to update you all with soon.

Here's a little something I've been playing with.

The size is based on the dimensions of the screen on my Verizon PN-280 smartphone. Since these will play on my phone as well as the computer, I can show them to folks out on the field.

Check 'em out:

Blender

Burst and Twister

Compound Benefits

Pez

Side by Side Boxes

There are programs out there to convert flash movies to iPod videos. But the iPod videos wouldn't be interactive, they would just be movies. That is, you couldn't turn the arrows on/off or have it stop at the end of a step. I don't have a video iPod though, so someone else will have to chime in with a how-to.

Aw wow! These are fantastic!!! :D:D:D

You're going to have to do every move ever done now though, you understand! LOL

I caught myself in a "goof" I know you LIVE in Wildwood Ant, but what weekend are you going to be flying again? Hahaha.

well pretty much every weekend im there ill be there this sunday and next saturiday and i have a few others comeing down here on augest 11 and 18 so mark your callendar ;)

The 6 man blender was already done, I just hadn't posted it. Here it is:

http://www.ikeclub.org/Flash/blender-6.swf

I haven't set up the software to handle 8 kites, not enough free buttons available on the phone :) I also would have to shrink the kites even more.

The dimensions of the animations are set so that it will fit on PocketPCs and Smartphones and gadgets that geeky kitefliers like to carry out on the field.

• 2 weeks later...