Just got my first Rev SLE

Broady

My story.

I had a small delta and a diamond stunt kite since I was about 7, but never did anything other than loops, dives and figures. About 5 yrs ago they gave up on me so I brought a power kite. I ended up with 20+ kites and 4 mountain boards.

Then last August I had a bad incident that put me out of action for 6 months.

Well traction days are done, so I thought trick kite flying. Brought a few, then started talking to foggydave and my first rev was on its way to me. This was all before I was able to even fly any kite!

I had a go with Foggydave Rev SLE a couple of weeks ago for about 30 seconds and realised that they fly nothing like a quad line power kite. I thought I was gonna smash his kite to bits so gave it straight back to his expert hands (even though he says he's a complete novice, he's an expert to me), and wait for mine to arrive.

So mine has arrived! Took it out the other day and set it up, but there wasn't enough wind to fly it, so I packed it away and flew the spacekite tattoo for a bit.

A bit of rain last weekend, but the wind was 8-12mph and really wanted to have a go.

Well I can pretty much keep the kite flying in the air and am getting used to just brake turns and brake corrections. Not confident with this kite at all, and wouldn't want to fly where I could hit anyone at all. Really looking forward to the learning curve and any help from fellow rev flyers.

Anyone else around Leicester UK?

Also my kite came with a couple of modifications. Not sure if these are any good or not?

post-3939-13313688982374_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum Broady!

The best way to learn on a Rev is with help from another pilot who is present while you fly. Hope you find more UK Rev pilots to fly with!

If you are trying to learn on your own, take a look at this: http://www.revkites.com/learn-to-fly/revolution-techniques

Print out the list of skills from the link above. Practice these skills repeatedly and often. They are the cornerstones of most tricks.

Good winds to you, have fun and enjoy flying your Rev!

Welcome to the forum Broady!

The best way to learn on a Rev is with help from another pilot who is present while you fly. Hope you find more UK Rev pilots to fly with!

. . . . .

I couldn't agree more there is a big group of us that gather most Sunday afternoons on Dunstable Downs in Bedfordshire. I guess you are looking at just over an hours drive from Leicester, but if you need help to get started I reckon it will be time and petrol money well spent. If you want to make the trip PM me for more info and directions.

Of you could come down for The Festival With The View 14-15 July