vented???

jacob3559

Question

4 answers to this question

A vented kite is one that has screen material (or "empty" space) instead of sailcloth for part of the sail. The vents let air pass through the sail, so that the kite pulls less than a "full" or standard sail when the wind increases. Vented kites are not for experts - they are for higher wind conditions, and they are very nice to fly because they smoooth out a lot of the variances / gusts in the wind. For Revs, there are several different levels of venting available - including "mid" vent, "full" vent, and "extra" vented, in addition to the Masterpiece mesh kites from the Shooks..

Here's a link to a picture of my "full" vented - which is my favorite kite when the wind is right. Some day I hope I'll own a an extra vent too . . .

is it (vented kite) for advanced kite flyers only

Heck no.....vented (rev)kites are for everyone....!!! It will also help advance ones flying.

Aside from being able to fly in higher wind(s) a vented rev will fly smoother in gusty conditions as well.

I love flying my full and mid vented 1.5`s with race or better yet 2 wrap frames to drastically lower the wind range of the vented kite(s). It`s a nice option to a full sail with 3 wraps.

I`ve also self vented one of my Rev 1`s and one of the 2`s...

bt

Lynn and I each carry five vented Revs, one mid vent, three different full vented and one mesh. The mesh is the most fun to fly. In a moderate to heavy wind it can fly nearly as fast backward as forward. Reverse and sideways flight is much easier with a vented Rev. You might want to start with a full vent. You can change the frame for varying wind conditions. We usually use three wrap, sometimes use two wrap. I heavy wind we use a three wrap frame with an additional two wrap leading edge spar set in with the three wrap leading edge set.

A vented kite is one that has screen material (or "empty" space) instead of sailcloth for part of the sail. The vents let air pass through the sail, so that the kite pulls less than a "full" or standard sail when the wind increases. Vented kites are not for experts - they are for higher wind conditions, and they are very nice to fly because they smoooth out a lot of the variances / gusts in the wind. This is an excellent site I love it! For Revs, there are several different levels of venting available - including "mid" vent, "full" vent, and "extra" vented, in addition to the Masterpiece mesh kites from the Shooks..

Here's a link to a picture of my "full" vented - which is my favorite kite when the wind is right. Some day I hope I'll own a an extra vent too . . .

Thanks a lot for your tips and the link. I found them very helpful! :)