Supersonic strut placement

foggydave

Question

12 answers to this question

Thanks for that

The rear seems the most sensible. The reason I ask is that the Powerkitecentre web site seems to show them both on the front and I saw one today trying to be flown with one on the front and one on the rear.

Yes, the vertical rods go on the back of the kite, as with any other Revolution kite. I always giggle when I see images of the rods on the front.

i just recently bought a second hand shockwave didn't get the video for setup, quick question spars on the back under the bungee on the trailing edge got it (same as my blast) on the leading edge do the spars go under the bungee as well? One other question handle size didn't come with handles, normal 13 pro handles will do or does it need to be the longer handles?

usually the speed series kites come with the shorter 11" handles because of how sensitive the kite is to movement. 13" handles will be fine though, that's what I fly mine on. 15"s may be a little harder.

Spars on the top go straight into the caps, not under the bungee. This gives the leading edge a nice roll on the front side of the sail.

• Like 2

usually the speed series kites come with the shorter 11" handles because of how sensitive the kite is to movement. 13" handles will be fine though, that's what I fly mine on. 15"s may be a little harder.

Spars on the top go straight into the caps, not under the bungee. This gives the leading edge a nice roll on the front side of the sail.

Thanks for the very useful information. I have recently acquired some of the Speed series kites from the secondary market with no instructions. I may have been assembling them incorrectly as now I am not sure how the bottoms should be done. I am okay on the leading edge connectors. I have been doing the verticals Power Blast style at the bottom of the sail. Will be interesting to see if the Shockwave flies differently with bottom bungees not over the struts . Have not had the Supersonic in the air yet as the light summer air has me flying different kites. Got some extra thirteen inch handles & may saw down a set to elevens. As usual, Know Eye Deer. Just out here in the sticks flailing away. SHBKF

Edit: In the next post I get confirmation that "I'm good!" 10-4

Just to be clear, the top of the spar goes straight into the cap. The bottom of the spar goes under the bungee and then into the cap.

Can anyone provide photos of the proper way to set up a Supersonic?

Also will the Supersonic ever get updated, or a new pattern, I have the black one with one red panel, would like to see more color options in the Supersonic.

462.jpg

Thanks for that

The rear seems the most sensible. The reason I ask is that the Powerkitecentre web site seems to show them both on the front and I saw one today trying to be flown with one on the front and one on the rear.

Interesting. I may have to try this to see how it changes flight characteristics. This may lead to something good.