Upcoming events near New York

lummas

All,

Looks like I get to do a business trip to Detroit and New York end of Feb or during March. I can pretty much set when and I was wondering if there were any events or get togethers going on in the New York (Liberty State Park) area during that time. If so, I would like to try to time my trip accordingly.

Look forward to your help and feedback.

Thanks,

Mark

Team Too Much Fun

Hello Mark...

How are you and the family?

I vaguely remember hearing about that day. I was a total newbie at that time!

Add me to the list.... I'll be there, just let us know when and we'll post it and make a day of it.

If you'd like a contact/point person, PM me and I'll be glad to give you my info.

See you soon.

Hey pal,

sorry I didn't reply sooner......Life, etc.

Anyway, let us know what your plans are. We will have a Mark Lummas Honorary fly WHENEVER you show up.

Given my travel plans, hopefully I'll even be in town!!!!!!!!! :):) :)

What my brada Rich said!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• 2 months later...

OK, plans are made. I will be in New York late afternoon on Friday April 13th.

I am hoping to go to Liberty State Park to fly on Sunday 14th and would love to meet up with some of you to hang out.

I need to get to JFK Sunday evening for a 5:20pm flight. So it looks like I will have most of the day at the park.

I am also wondering if anyone is around that weekend and would be interested in meeting up for a beer or a bite to eat on Friday or Saturday evening. If so, let me know.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Mark

Team Too Much Fun

HEy there Mark,

Sorry my friend, I've been on the move and have not had a chance to respond.

I'll rally the troops and see who I can muster to join us.

I can't make it for drinks Friday or saturday night, i have pre-existing plans but I can absolutely make it out on the 14th to fly.

Looking forward to it.

OK, plans are made. I will be in New York late afternoon on Friday April 13th.

I am hoping to go to Liberty State Park to fly on Sunday 14th and would love to meet up with some of you to hang out.

I need to get to JFK Sunday evening for a 5:20pm flight. So it looks like I will have most of the day at the park.

Mark

Team Too Much Fun

Hi Mark...

Just want to clarify for everyone...

Sunday is the 15th. Which day are you planning on flying with the crew?

See you next week.

My apologies (nothing like causing confusion, huh!)

I am plannig to go to Liberty State Park to fly on Sunday 15th and would love to meet up with any other flyers that are around.

I will be leaving to get to JFK Sunday evening for a 5:20pm flight. So I will have most of the day at the park.

Thanks for noticing my error.

Mark

My apologies (nothing like causing confusion, huh!)

I am plannig to go to Liberty State Park to fly on Sunday 15th and would love to meet up with any other flyers that are around.

I will be leaving to get to JFK Sunday evening for a 5:20pm flight. So I will have most of the day at the park.

Thanks for noticing my error.

Mark

Hi Mark...

No apologies needed.

I thought it was Sunday, but didn't want anyone thinking the 14th... only....

See you next week.

Excellent. I know where Liberty State Park is, but if one of you can post directions from Manhattan to the part of the park where you generally fly, that would be great.

Also, if any of you do want to meet up Friday or Sat evening, just let me know.

Thanks,

mark

Mark,

How will you be getting from NYC to LSP?

We fly over at the playground on Freedom way which is the road that runs parallel to the water across from Ellis Island

What time were you thinking to arrive? Did you want to meet up for a breakfast bite early at the diner by the park?

I will be coming by car. Breakfast at the diner would be fun. Let me know how to get there and waht sort of time you had in mind and we can work it out.

Thanks,

Mark

Not sure where in NYC you're coming from but if lower Manhattan take the holland tunnel and follow signs for 78 west. Then take exit 14B. After the toll, turn left, go thru the light and ule come up on a traffic circle. The diner is just after the circle on ur left.

If from Midtown, take the lincoln tunnel and follow the signs to the NJ turnpike south. Follow the signs for rte 78 east, exit 14, paying particular attn to the signs for exits 14a - 14c. Follow 78 east to exit 14B and then follow as above.

Both are very easy and of course if you get screwed up and get lost, blame Ben!

Breakfast at 8 works for me!!!! If too early for you, let me know what works better for you.

Cya soon!

Hey thanks for the instructions. Breakfast sounds like a good plan. Can we make it 8:30, only because I have to get packed and checked out of the hotel that morning and then across to you, so that might be a more workable time.

See ya there. I'll be the one wearing the black Kite Party X hoodie!!!

Mark.